Instant Edublogs [Instant]
|Print & eBook also available on:|
- Learn something new in an Instant! A short, fast, focused guide delivering immediate results
- Full of step-by-step instructions that will help you create your blog
- Customize your blog using URLs, themes, and plugins to make it distinct
- Experiment with advanced plugins and determine how they can add functionality to make your blog more useful
Book DetailsLanguage : English
eBook : 60 pages
Release Date : September 2013
ISBN : 1849698627
ISBN 13 : 9781849698627
Author(s) : Jason T. Bedell
Topics and Technologies : All Books, Instant
Table of ContentsPreface
- Instant Edublogs
- Introducing Edublogs.org (Must know)
- Choosing a style (Must know)
- Navigating your dashboard (Must know)
- Finding your niche (Must know)
- Committing to a writing schedule (Should know)
- Managing content (Must know)
- Growing an audience organically (Should know)
- Extending your reach with social media (Should know)
- Using plugins for greater engagement (Become an expert)
- Blogging with students (Become an expert)
- Analyzing statistics (Become an expert)
Please let us know if you have found any errors not listed on this list by completing our errata submission form. Our editors will check them and add them to this list. Thank you.
Sorry, there are currently no downloads available for this title.
What you will learn from this book
- Choose and customize a visual theme that will catch the reader’s attention
- Manage the blog’s content and commit to a regular writing schedule
- Use social media to help increase readership of the blog
- Start blogging with your students as a class
- Customize your blog’s functionality with specialized plugins
- Discover techniques for using different types of media to engage readers
Blogging is a way of publicly thinking and sharing. It allows us to connect with others, crystallize our thoughts, and get authentic feedback from others in education – parents, students, and educators from all over the world. This translates into becoming an effective practitioner. Edublogs allows you to build a platform where you can share your life and knowledge with others. Connect with other educators and support each other as you grow together.
Instant Edublogs will show you how to start a blog and improve it with powerful plugins. It then goes into detail about how to choose and customize engaging themes, write and manage posts, and even more. It will delve into the most advanced features that Edublogs offers and help you start blogging collectively with your students.
Instant Edublogs takes a systemic and step-by-step approach from the very beginning. It will show you how to start a blog, and choose a title and theme. It then moves onto the more advanced features, such as utilizing plugins for specialized functionality and growing readership through social media. This book also gives you tips and ideas on how to reach out to your students so that they can reap the benefits of community and public writing. Follow this book to become a pro at blogging with Edublogs.
Filled with practical, step-by-step instructions and clear explanations for the most important and useful tasks. A concise guide full of step-by-step recipes to teach you how to set up and manage your blog.
Who this book is for
Instant Edublogs is aimed at educators – teachers, administrators, support specials, and paraprofessionals – who want to share their experiences and learn from others online. While some CSS and HTML skills can be helpful for understanding some of the advanced features, no specific technical knowledge is needed