Service Oriented Architecture with Java
|Also available on:|
- Build effective SOA applications with Java Web Services
- Quick reference guide with best-practice design examples
- Understand SOA concepts from core with examples
- Design scalable inter-enterprise communication
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: The Mantra of SOA
Chapter 2: Web Services and SOA
Chapter 3: Web Service Implementations
Chapter 4: Data and Services—All Roads Lead to Enterprise Service Bus
Chapter 5: Traditional Integration Technology
Chapter 6: Goals We Can Achieve with SOA
Download the code and support files for this book.
Please let us know if you have found any errors not listed on this list by completing our errata submission form. Our editors will check them and add them to this list. Thank you.
What you will learn from this book
- Understand the importance of Client/Server Architecture and Service Oriented Architecture
- Implement web services with various degrees of complexity and flexibility using Java
- Learn the major web service platforms available in the Java world, namely JAX WS 2.0, Apache Axis, Spring, and XFire
- Learn the concepts of SOA Core, the business layer, with the help of case studies and real-world examples
- Build strong understanding into building effective SOA applications with Java Web Services
Service Oriented Architecture provides a way for applications to work together over the Internet. Usually, SOA applications are exposed through web services.
Web services have been around for a while, but complex adoption processes and poor standardization hampered their use at first. However, with the adoption of new, simpler protocols such as REST, and major companies supporting SOA, the time is now right to adopt these standards.
This book will show you how to build SOA, web services-based applications using Java. You will find out when SOA is the best choice for your application, how to design a sound architecture, and then implement your design using Java.
The book covers the important web services protocols: XML-over-HTTP, REST, and SOAP. You will learn how to develop web services at all levels of complexity and for all kinds of business situations.
This book shows how to use SOA and web services to build powerful applications in Java. It teaches the concepts and the implementation with best-practice real-world examples. You will learn to design a sound architecture for successful implementation of any business solution, the different types of architecture, and various tenets of SOA. The book explains the fundamentals and the advantages of using the Service Oriented Architecture in designing your business solution.
This book is an overview of how to implement SOA using Java with the help of real-world examples. It briefly introduces the theory behind SOA and all the case studies are described from scratch.
Who this book is for
This book is for Java programmers or architects who are interested in implementing SOA concepts in their applications. Readers should be familiar with Java Enterprise concepts.