|Also available on:|
- Learn to develop web applications that look and feel native on Apple iOS, Google Android, Blackberry 10, and Windows Mobile devices using simple examples
- Design and control the look of your application using a variety of simple style settings and themes
- Make your application respond to the user’s touch with events like tap, double tap, swipe, tap and hold, pinch, and rotate
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: Let's Begin with Sencha Touch
Chapter 2: Creating a Simple Application
Chapter 3: Styling the User Interface
Chapter 4: Components and Configurations
Chapter 5: Events and Controllers
Chapter 6: Getting the Data In
Chapter 7: Getting the Data Out
Chapter 8: Creating the Flickr Finder Application
Chapter 9: Advanced Topics
Download the code and support files for this book.
Please let us know if you have found any errors not listed on this list by completing our errata submission form. Our editors will check them and add them to this list. Thank you.
What you will learn from this book
- Make use of technologies such as HTML5 and CSS3 to provide native-quality application experiences without the need for plugins
- Create a sample application using Sencha Touch that will run on Apple iOS, Google Android, BlackBerry 10, and Windows Phone
- Use the list of components available in the Sencha Touch framework libraries such as tab panels, scrollable list views, and toolbars
- Add custom touch events such as tap, double tap, swipe, tap and hold, pinch, and rotate
- Discover the rich event communication that is available in every Sencha Touch component, allowing you to quickly respond to your users and create intuitive, native quality applications
- Control the look of your application with Sencha Touch themes and styling options
- Put together simple components quickly, backed by the data package
- Allow your users to store information with forms, or access remote information from other services like Google maps and Flickr
Sencha Touch is a versatile HTML5-based framework for developing mobile web apps. Sencha Touch 2 has raised the bar for developing rich mobile web applications with HTML5. Using this framework you can develop mobile web apps that look and feel like native apps on iOS, Android, Blackberry, and Windows Mobile. It is built for enabling world-class user experiences.
Full of explained code and enriched with screenshots, this book is the practical way to take your Sencha Touch skills to the next level.
Who this book is for
If you want to gain practical knowledge for using the Sencha Touch mobile web application framework, and you are familiar with HTML and CSS, then this book is for you. It is assumed that you know how to use touchscreens, touch events, and mobile devices such as Apple iOS and Google Android.