Sencha MVC Architecture
|Also available on:|
- Map general MVC architecture concept to the classes in ExtJS 4.x and Sencha Touch
- Create a practical application in ExtJS as well as Sencha Touch using various Sencha MVC Architecture concepts and classes
- Dive deep into the building blocks of the Sencha MVC Architecture including the class system, loader, controller, and application
Book DetailsLanguage : English
Paperback : 126 pages [ 235mm x 191mm ]
Release Date : November 2012
ISBN : 1849518882
ISBN 13 : 9781849518888
Author(s) : Ajit Kumar
Topics and Technologies : All Books, Mobile, Open Source
Download the code and support files for this book.
Please let us know if you have found any errors not listed on this list by completing our errata submission form. Our editors will check them and add them to this list. Thank you.
Sorry, there are currently no downloads available for this title.
What you will learn from this book
- Master the general MVC architecture concept
- Learn how the server-side and client-side MVC architecture work their purpose
- Understand the importance of client-side MVC architecture
- Use Sencha MVC Architecture to map the architectural concept to different classes
- Implement a functional ExtJS based application and a Sencha Touch application using the Sencha MVC Architecture
- Understand the internal functioning of the Sencha MVC Architecture classes – view, model, store, controller, and application
- Learn how the new class system works and what best practices are implemented by it, including the coding guidelines such as naming convention, accessor methods, etc.
- Discover the tools available and how to use them to create projects based on MVC architecture, build and package them
Sencha provides one of the most popular frameworks to build RIA applications (using ExtJS) and HTML5 compliant mobile applications (using Sencha Touch). Creating an application is always easy, but creating a highly maintainable and scalable application is challenging without having solid architectural practices in place.
"Sencha MVC Architecture" covers all the aspects, from project design to building and packaging, creating and delivering an enterprise-class application by applying Sencha MVC Architecture. Every concept is supported with a functional code, which you can quickly try out and also understand how it works.
The book presents the general MVC architecture and presents a case for the client-side MVC architecture and their importance. You will learn why we need to have client-side MVC architecture and how the concepts map to the Sencha MVC Architecture. You will then learn how to create an application in ExtJS as well as Sencha Touch by applying all the concepts and classes of Sencha MVC Architecture. The step-by-step approach helps you build a working application without getting into the detail of the constructs yet explains how things work. The later part of the book will explain the Sencha MVC Architecture constructs in detail – class system, loader, controller, etc. and the best practices introduced by the framework. The end of the book will walk you through the challenges that you will face when you model your application using the Sencha MVC Architecture and also show you how to overcome each one of them. You will learn how to make use of the tools to manage your project beginning from the project creation to delivery.
This is a step-by-step tutorial with plenty of example code for easier and quicker pick-up.
Who this book is for
If you are new to ExtJS or Sencha Touch, this book will help you model your application using good architectural practices so that your application is enterprise-class from day one. If you have already been building ExtJS or Sencha Touch based applications, this book will show you how to apply the client-side MVC architecture and benefit from it. It will show you how you can leverage Sencha’s MVC Architecture and the Sencha Tools to manage your projects in a better way.