Selenium WebDriver Practical Guide
|Also available on:|
- Covers basic to advanced concepts of WebDriver
- Learn how to design a more effective automation framework
- Explores all of the APIs within WebDriver
- Acquire an in-depth understanding of each concept through practical code examples
Book DetailsLanguage : English
Paperback : 264 pages [ 235mm x 191mm ]
Release Date : January 2014
ISBN : 1782168850
ISBN 13 : 9781782168850
Author(s) : Satya Avasarala
Topics and Technologies : All Books, Web Development, Open Source
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: Introducing WebDriver and WebElements
Chapter 2: Exploring Advanced Interactions of WebDriver
Chapter 3: Exploring the Features of WebDriver
Chapter 4: Different Available WebDrivers
Chapter 5: Understanding WebDriver Events
Chapter 6: Dealing with I/O
Chapter 7: Exploring RemoteWebDriver and WebDriverBackedSelenium
Chapter 8: Understanding Selenium Grid
Chapter 9: Understanding PageObject Pattern
Chapter 10: Testing iOS and Android Apps
Download the code and support files for this book.
Please let us know if you have found any errors not listed on this list by completing our errata submission form. Our editors will check them and add them to this list. Thank you.
What you will learn from this book
- Learn the basic design of Selenium WebDriver and understand how it overcomes the limitations of its predecessor
- Set up and use Selenium Grid
- Discover the various mechanisms used to locate web elements
- Perform advanced actions such as drag-and-drop, double-click, right-click, and action builders on web pages
- Explore the advanced features of WebDriver such as handling cookies, taking screenshotsmanaging timeouts, and browser navigations
- Acquire an understanding of the various WebDriver implementations such as Firefox Driver, IE Driver, and Chrome Driver
- Explore WebDriver EventListeners
- Design effective automation frameworks using the PageObject pattern
- Learn how to deal with the latest features of WebDriver
Selenium WebDriver is an open source web UI automation tool implemented through a browser-specific browser driver, which sends commands to a browser and retrieves results.
Selenium WebDriver Practical Guide will guide you through the various APIs of WebDriver which should be used in automation tests, followed by a discussion of the various WebDriver implementations available. This guide will support you by offering you access to source code fi les, including the essential HTML fi les, that allow you to work with jQuery and other examples throughout the book. Finally, you will receive an in-depth explanation of how to deal with the latest features of WebDriver through step-by-step practical tutorials.
An easy- to- follow guide, featuring step-by-step practical tutorials to help you understand how to automate web applications for testing purposes.
Who this book is for
If you are a quality assurance/testing professional, a software developer, or a web application developer looking to create automation test scripts for your web applications, this is the perfect guide for you! As a prerequisite, a basic knowledge of Core Java is expected, although any previous knowledge of WebDriver or Selenium 1 is not needed.