Selenium WebDriver- A practical guide to using the APIs
|Also available on:|
- Covers basic to advanced concepts of WebDriver
- Learn how to design a more effective automation framework
- Explores all of the APIs within WebDriver
- Acquire an in-depth understanding of each concept through practical code examples
Book DetailsLanguage : English
Paperback : 223 pages [ 235mm x 191mm ]
Release Date : January 2014
ISBN : 1782168850
ISBN 13 : 9781782168850
Author(s) : Satya Avasarala
Topics and Technologies : All Books, Web Development, Open Source
Please let us know if you have found any errors not listed on this list by completing our errata submission form. Our editors will check them and add them to this list. Thank you.
Sorry, there are currently no downloads available for this title.
What you will learn from this book
- Learn the basic design of Selenium WebDriver and understand how it overcomes the limitations of its predecessor
- Set up and use Selenium Grid
- Discover the various locating mechanisms used to locate web elements, and the various actions that can be taken on those elements
- Perform advanced actions, such as drag and drop, double- click, right- click, and action builders on web pages
- Explore the advanced features of WebDriver , such as handling cookies, taking screenshots, managing timeouts, and browser navigations
- Acquire an understanding of the various WebDriver implementations such as Firefox driver, IE driver, Chrome driver, HTMLUnit driver, and Opera driver
- Explore WebDriver Event Listeners
- Design your automation framework more effectively using Page Object Pattern
- Learn how WebDriver deals with the latest features of WebDriver
Selenium WebDriver is an open source Web UI automation tool. Selenium WebDriver accepts commands via a Client API and sends them to a browser. This is implemented through a browser-specific browser driver, which sends commands to a browser, and retrieves results. Unlike Selenium 1, the WebDriver directly starts a browser instance and controls it. There is also a HTMLUnit browser driver, which simulates a browser using HTMLUnit.
Gain a comprehensive understanding of the features of WebDriver through practical, hands-on experience. Readers will be provided with code examples written in Java, along with guidance on how to work with HTML files using jQuery.
Learn about the history of Selenium-1, including how it is designed, its limitations, why there is a need for Selenium-2, and the fundamental design differences between Selenium-1 and Selenium-2. You will then be guided through the various APIs of WebDriver which should be used in automation tests, followed by a discussion of the various WebDriver implementations available. Next, you will be introduced to the source code files of most of the examples which have been discussed along with the HTML files using jQuery examples. Finally, you will receive an in-depth explanation of how WebDriver deals with the latest features of HTML5.
An easy- to- follow guide, featuring step-by-step practical tutorials to help you understand how to automate web applications for testing purposes.
Who this book is for
If you are a quality assurance / testing professional, a software developer, or a web application developer looking to create automation test scripts for your web applications, this is the perfect guide for you! As a pre-requisite, this book expects you to have a basic knowledge of Core Java, although any previous knowledge of WebDriver or Selenium-1 is not needed. By the end of this book, you will have acquired a comprehensive knowledge of WebDriver, which will help you in writing your automation tests.