Instant Windows PowerShell [Instant]
|Print & eBook also available on:|
- Learn something new in an Instant! A short, fast, focused guide delivering immediate results
- Learn to use PowerShell web access to secure Windows management anywhere, any time, on any device
- Understand to secure and sign the scripts you write using the script signing feature in PowerShell
- Learn how to manage and Secure Active Directory environment
Book DetailsLanguage : English
eBook : 54 pages
Release Date : October 2013
ISBN : 1849688745
ISBN 13 : 9781849688741
Author(s) : Vinith Menon
Topics and Technologies : All Books, Instant, Networking and Servers, Enterprise
Table of ContentsInstant Windows PowerShell
- Instant Windows PowerShell
- So, what is new in PowerShell 3.0?
- Step 1 – what do I need?
- Step 2 – downloading and installing Windows Management Framework
- Step 3 – verifying that you have PowerShell v3 installed
- And that's it
- Quick start – configuring the default security policy in PowerShell
- Top 7 features you need to know about
- Using PowerShell for file and folder management in Windows Server Environment
- Learning how to use PowerShell Web Access to manage your Windows Server Environment anywhere, anytime, and on any device
- Step 1 — installing Windows PowerShell Web Access
- Step 2 – configuring Windows PowerShell Web Access
- Learning how to secure and sign the scripts you write using script signing
- Learning how to manage the Active Directory environment
- Resetting a user password
- Disabling and Enabling a user account
- Unlocking a user account
- Deleting a user account
- Working with groups
- Adding members to a group
- Enumerating the members of a group
- Finding obsolete computer accounts
- Disabling a computer account
- Learning about the features included in the Microsoft.PowerShell.Security module
- Learning how to use PowerShell to administer the PKI environment
- Learning how to use the BPA module to analyze the security integrity of a system as per Microsoft standards
- People and places you should get to know
- Official sites
- Articles and tutorials
- About Packt Publishing
- Writing for Packt
Please let us know if you have found any errors not listed on this list by completing our errata submission form. Our editors will check them and add them to this list. Thank you.
Sorry, there are currently no downloads available for this title.
What you will learn from this book
- Learn to set up and configure PowerShell on Windows Server 2012
- Discover how to use PowerShell web access for efficient and secure Windows Management
- Secure and sign the scripts you write using the script signing feature in PowerShell
- Manage and secure the Active Directory environment
- Understand the features included in Microsoft PowerShell Security module and how to secure your Network using Net Security Module
- Employ PowerShell to securely manage your VPN environment
Windows PowerShell comprises numerous major features that extend its use, advance its usability, and allow you to control and manage Windows-based environments.
Windows PowerShell is backward-compatible. Cmdlets, providers, modules, snap-ins, scripts, functions, and profiles that were designed for Windows PowerShell 2.0 work in Windows PowerShell 3.0 without any changes.
A practical, hands-on guide that provides you with a number of clear step-by-step exercises which will help you take advantage of the real power that is Windows PowerShell.
Starting by listing the New Features in PowerShell 3.0, this book goes on to break down the mystery and confusion that surrounds which feature to use and when. It will take you through a number of clear, practical sections that will help you to take advantage of PowerShell, easily and quickly.
You will also learn how to use PowerShell for file and folder management in a Windows Server Environment. The book will also also show you how to use PowerShell Web Access for secure Windows Management anywhere, any time, on any device.
Learn how to secure and sign the scripts you write using the script signing feature in PowerShell, understand how to use PowerShell to secure and administer a PKI environment, and discover how to use a BPA module to analyze the security integrity of a system as per Microsoft requirements. If you want to take your first step into PowerShell 3.0 to manage your Windows environment, then this is the book for you.
Get to grips with a new technology, understand what it is and what it can do for you, and then get to work with the most important features and tasks. A practical, hands-on tutorial approach that explores the concepts of PowerShell in a friendly manner, taking an adhoc approach to each topic.
Who this book is for
If you are an administrator who is new to PowerShell or are looking to get a good grounding in these new features, this book is ideal for you. It’s assumed that you will have some experience in PowerShell and Windows Server, as well being familiar with the PowerShell command-line.