SDL Trados Studio: A Practical Guide
|Also available on:|
- Unleash the power of Trados’s many features to boost your efficiency as a translator
- Take a fresh look at Trados from a practical, translator-centred perspective
- Self-contained sections on topics such as translation, formatting, editing, quality assurance, billing clients, and translating groups of files
Book DetailsLanguage : English
Paperback : 100 pages [ 235mm x 191mm ]
Release Date : February 2014
ISBN : 1849699631
ISBN 13 : 9781849699631
Author(s) : Andy Walker
Topics and Technologies : All Books, Other
Please let us know if you have found any errors not listed on this list by completing our errata submission form. Our editors will check them and add them to this list. Thank you.
Sorry, there are currently no downloads available for this title.
What you will learn from this book
- Navigate and customize the SDL Trados Studio interface
- Create translation memories and use them to make your work more efficient
- Learn how to use the tags function to preserve the formatting and functionality of your document
- Work with terminology to get automatic matches without having to look things up
- Import, export, and manage material inside translation memories
- Align previously translated material into a translation memory
SDL Trados Studio has a huge range of features that can be bewildering to the new user. Once properly understood, it can quickly become an indispensable part of the translator's toolkit, helping them to make the process of translating, reviewing, and managing documents a lot more simple and efficient.
"SDL Trados Studio: A Practical Guide" will teach you everything you need to know to get the most out of SDL Trados Studio in your everyday translation work. This book is packed with practical advice to help more advanced users to develop their skills further.
A hands-on guide written from the perspective of a practising translator, this book breaks down the features of SDL Trados Studio into clear, task-oriented steps that will help you apply what you learn to your translation work speedily and efficiently.
You will learn how to make the best use of SDL Trados Studio during each different phase of the translation process, from creating translation memories, through translation, reviewing, and billing for work.
A step-by-step guide with clear instructions on how to get started with the SDL Trados Studio pack. You will learn everything from installation to the final translations.
Who this book is for
This book is designed for both beginners and more experienced users alike. If you are new to SDL Trados Studio, you will be able to get to grips with its essential features quickly, but if you already have some experience of the program, you will find plenty of material to enhance your knowledge.