Salesforce CRM: The Definitive Admin [Video]
Packt Video. Stream online or download for unrestricted offline use. Learn more
- New! Packt Video courses: practical screencast-based tutorials that show you how to get the job done. Bite sized chunks, hands on instructions, and powerful results.
- Configure and create workflow and approval rules within the system to suit your business’s needs
- Gain important skills in how to manage security and visibility within the system
- Provides real-life examples throughout the whole video course, as well as some tips and tricks to better utilize the power of the Salesforce.com platform
- A fast paced, complete, and concise video course, providing the essentials for Salesforce administration as well as common best practices in system administration
Video DetailsLanguage : English
Release Date : Friday, May 2, 2014
Course Length : 5 hours and 13 minutes
ISBN : 1782170766
ISBN 13 : 9781782170761
Author(s) : Edward Encarnacion
Topics and Technologies : Video, Enterprise
Table of Contents
- Organization Administration [18:13 minutes]
- Set Up Your Company Profile
- User Interface Options
- Search Settings
- Currency Management
- Setting Up Fiscal Years within Your Organization
- User Management in Salesforce CRM [26:13 minutes]
- Creating Users
- Creating Queues
- Setting Up Profiles and Profile Management
- Setting Up a Role Hierarchy within the Organization
- Extending User Privileges with Permission Sets
- Configuration in Salesforce CRM [36:43 minutes]
- Creating Custom Fields
- Creating Record Types and Page Layouts
- Creating Custom Objects
- Creating Formula Fields
- Lookups and Master-Detail Relationships
- Data Management [28:57 minutes]
- Defining Organization-Wide Defaults
- Extending Organization-Wide Defaults Using Sharing Rules
- Managing Data Visibility Using Field-Level Security
- Ensuring Data Quality Using Validation Rules
- Importing Data from Other Systems Using Apex Data Loader
- Data Analytics [30:04 minutes]
- Creating Custom Reports
- Creating Custom Matrix Reports
- Creating Custom Report Types
- Creating Charts
- Creating Dashboards
- Implementing Business Processes in Salesforce CRM [40:19 minutes]
- Creating Workflow Rules
- Creating Workflow Actions
- Standardizing E-mail Communications Using E-mail Templates
- Creating Time-Based Workflow Actions
- Creating Approval Processes
- Salesforce CRM Functions [49:23 minutes]
- Creating Custom Sales Processes
- Managing Opportunities and Quotes
- Working with Campaigns and Campaign Members
- Creating Web-to-Lead Forms
- Managing Lead Conversion
- Extending Salesforce CRM [52:33 minutes]
- Creating Custom Applications and Custom Tabs
- Enabling Customer Portals
- Installing Apps from AppExchange
- Customizing the Standard Home Page
- Setting up Chatter within Your Organization
- Best Practices for Enhancing Productivity [31:15 minutes]
- Creating Custom Settings
- Using the Translation Workbench
- Deployment to Different Environments Using Packages
- Delegating System Administration Using Delegated Groups
- How to Create Future-Proof Validation and Workflow Rules
Sorry, there are currently no downloads available for this video.
Support, complaints and feedback.
Packt is committed to making Packt Video courses a valuable, useful way for IT professionals to learn new skills. We have made every effort to ensure that this course reaches the required standard and will work on our customer's devices. Please go to our support page.
What you will learn from this video course
- Regulate your organization’s default settings such as locale, language and time zone
- Set up business details such as multi-currency support and fiscal years within your organizatio
- Manage users and the role hierarchy within the organization
- Establish security and privileges using user profiles
- Extend Salesforce by creating custom fields and objects
- Govern business processes by creating workflow rules and actions, as well as creating custom approval processes
- Control your organization’s business intelligence needs by creating custom reports and dashboards within Salesforce
- Expand Salesforce further by installing new apps from the AppExchange marketplace
- Get to grips with best practices and how to best future-proof your application
Who this video course is for
If you are a novice administrator who wants to improve your knowledge of Salesforce CRM Configuration and System administration, this video course is ideal for you. With topics ranging from simple tasks such as user administration, to more advanced topics such as object creation and workflow management, this video course provides vital information for administrators to configure Salesforce to their organization’s needs.
Salesforce.com is arguably one of the top leading Software-as-a-Service platforms in the world today. It provides Salesforce automation, customer service, social collaboration as well as a powerful platform to build custom applications for any organization. There’s no doubt about what value the product can bring to any organization using it.
This video course provides readers with a complete guide to managing and configuring Salesforce.com for your organization. This course covers all the important topics within the application, in a manner which covers both real-life solutions as well as common best practices used throughout the community.
The video course begins with discussing how to set up organization wide settings and then moves on to topics such as user management, configuration, data management, analytics, and business processes. The course also discusses how to extend the application and the different best practices when working with the platform.
Starting from how to initially set up the organization in Salesforce, the course moves to cover a breadth of different topics. This includes settings such as default currencies, locale, time zone, as well as the default language. It later moves on to how to manage users within the system and then properly set up a security model across different users. The video course will also tackle ways to configure and extend the system’s functionality by creating custom fields and objects, as well as creating business rules such as workflow rules and approval processes.
The course aims to provide beginners with a solid baseline to configuring an application, as well as provide novices with the ammunition they need to make Salesforce.com the perfect fit for their organization.
Screenshots from the course
Packt video courses are designed to cover the breadth of the topic in short, hands-on, task-based videos. Each course is divided into short manageable sections, so you can watch the whole thing or jump to the bit you need. The focus is on practical instructions and screencasts showing you how to get the job done.
A practical guide for Salesforce administration, providing step-by-step instructions on different topics across the Salesforce CRM application. Each video provides clear and concise instructions for each topic, as well as providing common best practices and practical examples along the way.