Runescape Gold Strategy Guide
|Also available on:|
- Step by step plan to succeed in the Runescape MMORPG
- Learn the quickest ways to earn gold – legitimately!
- Buy the best gear and level up faster
- Gold Strategy Guides are a workout, not a walkthrough
Book DetailsLanguage : English
Paperback : 166 pages [ 235mm x 191mm ]
Release Date : June 2012
ISBN : 1849692904
ISBN 13 : 9781849692908
Author(s) : Lesley Harrison
Topics and Technologies : All Books, Other, Games
Table of ContentsPreface
Chapter 1: Can I Ever Afford 8 Million Gold for a Dragon Pickaxe?
Chapter 2: Making Earning Easier
Chapter 3: Earning Gold with Gathering Skills
Chapter 4: Earning Gold with the Artisan Skills
Chapter 5: Dungeoneering
Chapter 6: Avoiding Scams
Chapter 7: Pricing, Equipment, and Levels
- Chapter 1: Can I Ever Afford 8 Million Gold for a Dragon Pickaxe?
- The best way to play RuneScape
- Using SwiftKit to gain the upper hand
- Why use IRC?
- Free versus paid
- Useful tools to improve your RuneScape experience
- Protecting your account
- If it looks too good to be true
- So what is safe to use?
- Useful links
- Chapter 2: Making Earning Easier
- Picking the right world for your activity
- World activities explained
- Mini-games explained
- Taking advantage of time zones
- Finding resource spots
- Planning your character
- Character level versus combat level
- Combat levels and you
- How combat levels are calculated
- The different styles of players
- Mix and match
- So, I have a character, now what?
- The Explorer's ring
- Getting started—Tasks
- Death, banks, and protecting your items
- Protect your items—put them in the bank
- Getting around
- Communicating with other players
- Colored text and effects in chat
- Chapter 3: Earning Gold with Gathering Skills
- Skills in RuneScape
- Saving inventory space with the Toolbelt
- Gathering tips—skill-by-skill
- Training fishing
- Heavy-rod fishing
- List of fish by level
- Rune essence mining
- Mining for ores
- Making money with woodcutting
- Random events
- Hatchets and machetes by level
- Trees by level
- Getting started with farming
- Seeds available at Draynor Market
- How farming works
- Hunter equipment
- Making money as a hunter
- Low-level hunters
- Mid-to-high-level hunters
- Saving time when gathering
- Chapter 4: Earning Gold with the Artisan Skills
- What artisan skills are there?
- Artisan skills for F2P accounts
- Waste not, want not—Ash
- Rune running
- Making money from runes
- Smithing combined with other artisan skills
- Members-only artisan skills
- Earning with construction
- Getting started with fletching
- Intermediate fletching
- High-level fletching
- What is the Watchtower quest?
- Should you buy or gather materials?
- In business, time is money
- In conclusion
- Why craft when you can just buy and sell?
- How does arbitrage work?
- Understanding supply and demand
- Getting started with arbitrage
- What should you trade?
- Should you join a trading guild?
- Some final tips
- Useful links
- Chapter 5: Dungeoneering
- Why dungeoneering?
- Getting started with dungeoneering
- Using the Ring of Kinship
- What if I don't want to run a group?
- Before you do a dungeon
- Customizing your Ring of Kinship
- Floors and levels
- What will you find in a dungeon?
- What are complexities?
- What is guide mode?
- Binding items
- Skills and dungeons
- Completing a dungeon
- Prestige XP explained
- Modifiers and bonuses
- Strategies for levelling dungeoneering
- Resource dungeons
- Claiming your rewards
- Chapter 6: Avoiding Scams
- What do the scammers hope to gain?
- Popular scams
- Trading scams
- Rounding out your money
- Double your money
- Teleport scams
- Armor scamming
- Duping scams
- Fake drop parties
- Password scams
- Trade scams
- Out-of-game scams
- Keyloggers and malware
- Bots, trainers, and more
- Reporting players
- Some final tips for keeping your account safe
- Chapter 7: Pricing, Equipment, and Levels
- Setting a price for your trades
- Using IRC
- Tips for getting the best price
- Jumping on the bandwagon
- Useful links for trading
- RuneScape official forums
- Sal's Realm of RuneScape
- Rune tips
- Choosing combat equipment for your level
- What gear is best for your level?
- Things to spend your money on
- The Divine Spirit Shield
- Christmas Cracker
- Party Hats
- Halloween Masks
- Third-age druidic gear
- Fun things to do in RuneScape
Please let us know if you have found any errors not listed on this list by completing our errata submission form. Our editors will check them and add them to this list. Thank you.
What you will learn from this book
- Making the most out of dungeons
- Account security, safe trading, and avoiding scammers
- Installing the standalone client for better performance
- Picking a good spot / server to increase earning potential
- Maxing your skills fast to make earning easier
- Finding and selling items that are in demand
Making money in Runescape is challenging, but vitally important if you want to get the best equipment for your character. Whether you’re interested in Player vs Player combat, high level dungeons, or just role-playing in cool clothes, you need money to achieve your goals.
"Runescape Gold Strategy Guide" is the unofficial guide to legitimately making millions in the RuneScape MMORPG. Once you have learned the skills and techniques in the book you will be equipped to level up faster, earn quicker, and enjoy the game more. Learn where to find the best places to train your skills, what items to buy and when, and how to avoid scammers taking all your money! The book covers gold earning topics such as gathering, crafting and trading in depth.
A practical and concise tutorial leading the player to understand how to get the most out of their in game time. Packt Gold Strategy Guides are a workout, not a walkthrough!
Who this book is for
Newcomers or experienced players of the Runescape online game. Both free and pay-for members will benefit from the book.