Instant RubyMotion App Development [Instant]
|Print & eBook also available on:|
- Learn something new in an Instant! A short, fast, focused guide delivering immediate results
- Learn the structure of iPhone and iPad applications
- Discover how to simplify iOS apps with Ruby
- Get to grips with how to leverage Ruby libraries to quickly and efficiently write apps!
Book DetailsLanguage : English
eBook : 54 pages
Release Date : July 2013
ISBN : 1849696527
ISBN 13 : 9781849696524
Author(s) : Gant Laborde
Topics and Technologies : All Books, Instant, iOS, Mobile
Table of ContentsInstant RubyMotion App Development
- Instant RubyMotion App Development
- So, what is RubyMotion?
- Basic installation
- Step 1 – installing the iOS SDK
- Step 2 – RubyMotion buy/install/update
- Editor independence
- RubyMine and IDEs
- Customizing RubyMine
- Quick start – creating your first application
- Step 1 – understanding the environment
- Cocoa Touch
- Step 2 – understanding the app structure
- A short editorial about MacBacon
- Step 3 – running and testing the application
- Step 4 – writing "Hello World" the RubyMotion way
- Top 3 features you need to know about
- Implementing a Gem
- Step 0
- Step 1
- Step 2
- Step 3
- Utilizing Gems
- People and places you should get to know
- Base documentation
- RubyMotion documentation
- RubyMotion examples
- Popular Gems
Please let us know if you have found any errors not listed on this list by completing our errata submission form. Our editors will check them and add them to this list. Thank you.
Sorry, there are currently no downloads available for this title.
What you will learn from this book
- Install and set up the RubyMotion environment
- Choose an editor or IDE to maximize your development nest
- Review and supply an understanding of the framework structure to begin developing within Cocoa
- Use fundamental test-driven development practices to keep your applications working on any scale
- Cultivate an understanding of debugging features that are unique to RubyMotion
- Implement and leverage software libraries that add clarity and speed to your development
Countless companies are turning towards RubyMotion to now write these amazing applications with tests, clarity, reusability, and simplicity! Begin writing your own iPhone/iPad application with this amazing programming language and see the benefits for yourself.
Instant RubyMotion App Development will show you how to write your first RubyMotion App and give you a full tour of the process. As you write your first iPhone/iPad application, this book will help you learn the tricks that separate RubyMotion applications from all the others. You’ll join the army of developers who are leading the cutting edge of amazing RubyMotion applications.
Instant RubyMotion App Development begins by giving you a deep rooted understanding of the origins of RubyMotion and Objective-C. By seeing exactly how these two languages have grown together, you can apply this understanding to a strong foundation.
Instant RubyMotion App Development then guides you through a step-by-step, test-driven development of your first application. You’ll learn the Cocoa framework and see the underlined workflow of proper RubyMotion development. Lastly, you will learn how to implement the unique characteristics of Ruby libraries in your skeleton application. You’re then guided to explore the other libraries and resources that will aid you in rapid and effective development.
Get to grips with a new technology, understand what it is and what it can do for you, and then get to work with the most important features and tasks. This book is a practical, task-based, step-by-step tutorial that will get you started with using RubyMotion to quickly and efficiently write iOS apps.
Who this book is for
To make the most of this book, you should understand the basics of programming concepts and have a basic understanding of a language similar to Ruby. If you are an Objective-C programmer, you’ll learn the advantages of RubyMotion which can access the benefits of Cocoapods, but takes everything a step further with RubyGems. If you’re a Ruby programmer you’ll learn the inner workings of the Cocoa framework and find out how to effectively bring your skill set into mobile development.