Instant Responsive Web Design [Instant]
|Print & eBook also available on:|
- Learn something new in an Instant! A short, fast, focused guide delivering immediate results
- Learn how to make your websites beautiful on any device
- Understand the differences between various responsive philosophies
- Expand your skill set with the quickly growing mobile-first approach
Book DetailsLanguage : English
eBook : 70 pages
Release Date : September 2013
ISBN : 1849699259
ISBN 13 : 9781849699259
Author(s) : Cory Simmons
Topics and Technologies : All Books, Instant, Web Development
Table of ContentsInstant Responsive Web Design
- Instant Responsive Web Design
- So, what is Responsive web design (RWD)?
- Getting started
- Quick start – making your first responsive web page
- Step 1 – creating an HTML page
- Step 2 – adding a stylesheet
- Step 3 – making it responsive
- Top 5 features you need to know about
- The power of CSS Media Queries
- Media types
- Logical operators
- Different strategies to make responsive websites
- The Goldilocks approach
- The Fluid approach
- Desktop-first versus Mobile-first
- Gotchas and best practices
- Putting it all together
- People and places you should get to know
Download the code and support files for this book.
Please let us know if you have found any errors not listed on this list by completing our errata submission form. Our editors will check them and add them to this list. Thank you.
Sorry, there are currently no downloads available for this title.
What you will learn from this book
- Learn what “responsive web design” is
- Harness the power of media queries
- Create a very simple responsive website
- Build a site using the Goldilocks Approach and the Fluid Approach
- Weigh the pros and cons of desktop-first vs. mobile-first approaches
- Make your images and video responsive
Making your sites responsive is an easy enough skill to learn, and really pays dividends when you're selling your product to potential clients or just trying to impress your boss for that promotion you want, but understanding all your options will help you develop a workflow that really works for you.
Instant Responsive Web Design makes learning mobile-friendly web design a piece of cake with site-builds imploring various approaches using a very easy-to-follow format where you'll actually be creating sites using each approach. Expand your web repertoire in a few, easy hours.
Instant Responsive Web Design takes the guesswork out of responsive web design, by teaching readers the most relevant approaches and leaves it up to them to develop a workflow that works best for their style of coding.
We'll help you to develop several websites from scratch using different philosophies such as the Goldilocks Approach, make your websites Fluid, understand desktop and mobile-first approaches, and master some of the tricky stuff such as making your images and video responsive.
In this step-by-step guide, you'll learn everything you could ever need to become an above-average responsive web designer in a matter of hours.
Get to grips with a new technology, understand what it is and what it can do for you, and then get to work with the most important features and tasks. A step-by-step tutorial approach which will teach the readers what responsive web design is and how it is used in designing a responsive web page.
Who this book is for
If you are a web-designer looking to expand your skill set by learning the quickly growing industry standard of responsive web design, this book is ideal for you. Knowledge of CSS is assumed.