Instant Redis Persistence [Instant]
|Print & eBook also available on:|
- Learn something new in an Instant! A short, fast, focused guide delivering immediate results
- Configure and manage how Redis stores your data
- Optimize performance and ensure data security with backups and encryption
- Provides step-by-step instructions and real-world examples of managing large-scale Redis installations
Book DetailsLanguage : English
eBook : 50 pages
Release Date : December 2013
ISBN : 1783280212
ISBN 13 : 9781783280216
Author(s) : Matt Palmer
Topics and Technologies : All Books, Instant, Open Source
Table of Contents
Instant Redis Persistence
Download the code and support files for this book.
Please let us know if you have found any errors not listed on this list by completing our errata submission form. Our editors will check them and add them to this list. Thank you.
Sorry, there are currently no downloads available for this title.
What you will learn from this book
- Choose the appropriate Redis persistence method for your use case
- Understand the trade-offs between AOF and RDB-based persistence
- Maintain control over Redis' consumption of system resources
- Configure point-in-time encrypted offsite backups
- Validate correct system operation by setting up an effective and comprehensive monitoring system
- Recover from data corruption
- Implement a variety of methods to enhance the security of your Redis data from intruders
Persistence relates to issues involving storage and memory. Redis is built for speed, but one of its weaknesses is that it falls down in terms of persistence in regard to other NoSQL databases. However, it is still one of the most popular and high-performance key-value stores available. Configuring and managing Redis installations is one of the more challenging topics when using this technology. There is great demand for safe, permanent storage of business-critical data.
This book is your step-by-step guide to configuring a Redis server, enabling you to store data safely and efficiently. Whether you need to set up a simple cache or make secure offsite backups for a large distributed data store processing millions of requests per second, you'll find what you need in this book.
This book contains everything you need to know to ensure the safety and security of the data in your Redis installation. The book has step-by-step recipes designed to teach you everything from configuring Redis as a cache or disk-backed data store, right through to handling large-scale Redis installations and making encrypted offsite backups. Instant Redis Persistence provides methods and techniques to help you reduce the problem of persistence. It is the essential reference for anyone who runs Redis.
Filled with practical, step-by-step instructions and clear explanations for the most important and useful tasks. Forged from the fires of real production experience, this book contains the practical advice and straightforward, step-by-step instructions that busy sysadmins need to keep their Redis servers running.
Who this book is for
Instant Redis Persistence is written for those who are running, or would like to run, a Redis server. Whether you've just heard of Redis or you have been running it since before Version 1.0, this book will serve as a handy reference for solving the real-world problems which Redis administrators face regularly. Prior knowledge of Redis will be useful.