Instant Redis Optimization How-to [Instant]
|Print & eBook also available on:|
- Learn something new in an Instant! A short, fast, focused guide delivering immediate results.
- Install, fine-tune, and add Redis to your application stack.
- Perform bulk writes into Redis efficiently
- Debug and troubleshoot Redis
Book DetailsLanguage : English
eBook : 56 pages
Release Date : May 2013
ISBN : 1782164804
ISBN 13 : 9781782164807
Author(s) : Arun Chinnachamy
Topics and Technologies : All Books, Big Data and Business Intelligence, Instant, Open Source
Table of ContentsPreface
Instant Redis Optimization How-to
- Instant Redis Optimization How-to
- Choosing your data store (Simple)
- Installing Redis (Simple)
- Configuring and tuning Redis (Intermediate)
- Implementing persistence in Redis (Intermediate)
- Detecting performance bottlenecks (Intermediate)
- Performing high-volume writes (Advanced)
- Leveraging data types (Simple)
- Optimizing memory (Intermediate)
- Using transactions and Pub/Sub (Advanced)
- Troubleshooting and monitoring (Intermediate)
- Using languages and drivers (Simple)
Please let us know if you have found any errors not listed on this list by completing our errata submission form. Our editors will check them and add them to this list. Thank you.
Sorry, there are currently no downloads available for this title.
What you will learn from this book
- Correct configuration and installation of Redis
- Optimize memory usage
- Detect and troubleshoot performance bottlenecks
- Use a variety of data types
- Facilitate high volume writes
- Carry out transactions with Publish/Subscribe
- Use SignalR to create a sample application
- Leverage Azure to scale Redis out into the cloud
The database is the backbone of any application and Redis is a next generation NoSQL database which can provide ultra-fast performance if tuned and calibrated correctly. Instant Redis Optimization How-to will show you how to leverage Redis in your application for greater performance and scalability.
Instant Redis Optimization How-to will show you how to make the most of Redis. Using real-world examples of Redis as a caching and queuing service, you will learn how to install and calibrate Redis to optimize memory usage, read and write speed, as well as bulk writes and transactions. If you want to use Redis for its blazing fast capabilities, then this book is for you.
Instant Redis Optimization How-to shows you how to optimize and scale Redis with practical recipes on installation and calibration for performance and memory optimization as well as advanced features like PUB/SUB.
This book starts by providing clear instructions on how to install and fine-tune Redis to work efficiently in your application stack. You will also learn how to maintain persistence, how to optimize Redis to handle different data types, as well as memory usage optimization. You will then learn how to use bulk writes and transactions, as well as publish/subscribe features to get the most out of Redis.
Offering best practices and troubleshooting tips, this book will also show you how to manage and maintain performance. This book finishes by recommending the best client libraries for all major programming languages. By the end of this book you will know how to create blazing fast applications using Redis.
Filled with practical, step-by-step instructions and clear explanations for the most important and useful tasks. This book is written in a concise, focused style with numerous practical and hands-on recipes and examples. If you want to leverage Redis to create blazing fast applications, then this book is for you.
Who this book is for
This book is for developers who are already proficient in programming and traditional databases and want to start
learning about Redis for its simplicity and fast performance. A basic understanding of Linux and proficiency in a programming language are required to get the most out of this book.