MEAN Web Development
|Also available on:|
- Learn how to construct a fully functional MEAN application by using its components along with the best third-party modules
- Gain a deep, practical understanding of real-time web application development through real-world examples
Book DetailsLanguage : English
Paperback : 305 pages [ 235mm x 191mm ]
Release Date : September 2014
ISBN : 1783983280
ISBN 13 : 9781783983285
Author(s) : Amos Haviv
Topics and Technologies : All Books, Web Development, Open Source
Please let us know if you have found any errors not listed on this list by completing our errata submission form. Our editors will check them and add them to this list. Thank you.
Sorry, there are currently no downloads available for this title.
What you will learn from this book
- Set up and run an Express application
- Use MongoDB to store and retrieve your application data
- Connect your Express application to MongoDB and use a Mongoose model
- Manage your users’ authentication and offer them diverse login options using Passport
- Structure and use an AngularJS application in your MEAN project
- Create and use real-time streaming between your client and server
- Test your application’s Express and AngularJS entities
- Develop your MEAN application more efficiently using popular third-party tools
The MEAN stack is a collection of the most popular modern tools for web development; it comprises MongoDB, Express, Angular, and Node.js. While starting with MEAN is simple, it's very easy to make mistakes early on in development that lead to serious problems with more complex application development. Learning the best practices for MEAN will help you get started and avoid useless grunt work and common pitfalls, while keeping your application properly organized.
Starting with MEAN core frameworks, this project-based guide will explain the key concepts in each framework, how to set them up properly, and how to use popular modules to connect it all together. By following the real-world examples shown in this tutorial, you will scaffold your MEAN application architecture, add an authentication layer, and develop an MVC structure to support your project development. Finally, you will walk through the different tools and frameworks that will help expedite your daily development cycles.
Watch how your application development grows by learning from the only guide that is solely orientated around building a full, end-to-end, real-time application using the MEAN stack!
This book is an easy-to-follow guide to MEAN application development. The key concepts of each framework are explained sequentially and described through a real-world example, which will show you how it is put to use in creating the MEANest web application.
Who this book is for