Instant Razor View Engine How-to [Instant]
|Print & eBook also available on:|
- Learn something new in an Instant! A short, fast, focused guide delivering immediate results
- Configure and setup Razor View
- Learn the anatomy of Razor View Syntax
- Create helper components and enable code reusability
Book DetailsLanguage : English
eBook : 80 pages
Release Date : May 2013
ISBN : 1849696306
ISBN 13 : 9781849696302
Author(s) : Abhimanyu Kumar Vatsa
Topics and Technologies : All Books, Application Development, Instant, Web Development, Web Services
Table of ContentsPreface
Instant Razor View Engine How-to
- Instant Razor View Engine How-to
- Creating the project (Should know)
- Fundamental Razor syntaxes (Must know)
- Razor layout pages (Become an expert)
- Models in Razor (Must know)
- Razor helpers (Must know)
- Partial views (Should know)
Please let us know if you have found any errors not listed on this list by completing our errata submission form. Our editors will check them and add them to this list. Thank you.
Errata- 1 submitted: last submission 24 Sep 2013
Errata type: Typo
Page No. 53,line number 10
Thus, on the view page we will use the @Html.Row() helper:
It should be
Thus, on the view page we will use the @Html.Raw() helper:
Sorry, there are currently no downloads available for this title.
What you will learn from this book
- Understand the anatomy of Razor Syntax
- Learn RazorView code expressions
- Understand and implement models, scaffolding, and directives
- Understand helpers with extension methods
- Reuse code throughout the application with Partial Views
Razor View Engine is an advanced view engine from Microsoft. Razor View is one of the most popular view engines which doesn’t require you to explicitly close the code block. This book will help you understand and configure RazorView in your system to create dynamic web pages.
Instant Razor View Engine How-to will help you to make your application more MVC friendly with clean, lightweight code which is quicker and easier to understand compared to other view engines.
Instant Razor View Engine How-to introduces you to methods to make your web application more MVC friendly. The book begins by detailing the anatomy of RazorView Syntax and configuring Razor View as well as creating a web application project which will also help you to select an appropriate programming language. The later section of the book goes on to discuss creating view templates and creating View pages using Razor syntax. By the end of the book, you will also be familiar with Razor directives, helper components, and work with Partial views to reuse razor code throughout the application.
Filled with practical, step-by-step instructions and clear explanations for the most important and useful tasks. This is a Packt Instant How-to guide, which provides concise and clear recipes for configuring RazorView and working with its syntax and view types.
Who this book is for
This book is for developers who are looking for alternate ways to simplify web application development.