Raspberry Pi Home Automation Blueprints
|Also available on:|
- Automate your home devices and appliances with your Raspberry Pi
- Use a webcam and the raspicam to view a live stream from a computer or smartphone
- Make inexpensive, battery powered remote sensors to detect temperatures, trigger actions, or display charts
Book DetailsLanguage : English
Paperback : 360 pages [ 235mm x 191mm ]
Release Date : November 2014
ISBN : 1783283874
ISBN 13 : 9781783283873
Author(s) : Rémi Sarrailh
Topics and Technologies : All Books, Other, Open Source
Please let us know if you have found any errors not listed on this list by completing our errata submission form. Our editors will check them and add them to this list. Thank you.
Sorry, there are currently no downloads available for this title.
What you will learn from this book
- Communicate back and forth with electronic devices via radio or IR signals
- Create a web interface to control your Raspberry Pi
- Manage event notification (using Google Calendar, e-mail, growl, and SMS)
- Utilize Google and Microsoft’s voice recognition or synthesis
- Discover how to use a webcam or raspicam as an advanced network camera
- Use an LCD screen or tactile screen on your Raspberry Pi and Arduino
- Replace an Arduino with atmega328/attiny85 chips
- Explore how Atmega328/attiny85 can be used in sleep mode
- Shut down, wake up, and control a computer remotely
- Log data and display it with RRDTool and HighCharts
- Make digital or analogue sensors
Home automation can potentially be a large scale, expensive, and complex project to undertake. With the use of your Raspberry Pi though, home automation can be done quickly, cheaply, and easily.
This book contains all the essential instructions to make a home automation solution that is user friendly and that you can modify or reuse even if you are not a professional developer.
This is a straightforward guide to making a DIY home automation solution.
All the parts in the book can be reused in other projects and this is a great way to learn more about internet connected objects and the possibilities of the Raspberry PI/Arduino. During the course of this book, we will use YANA, an extensible web interface to turn on/off wall outlets, ceiling lamps, TVs, and computers. Then we will use radio remotes, IR remotes, home-made light switches and clappers to trigger single or multiple actions. We will also learn how we can use voice recognition or synthesis on the Raspberry Pi and Windows in order to control our Raspberry Pi with another computer or Raspberry Pi. After this, we will learn how to use an LCD/TFT tactile screen to make remote controls/displays. We will finish by learning how to use sensors to log data and trigger actions.
By the end of the book you will have created a number of exciting home automation projects and will have learned how to utilize your Raspberry Pi and Arduino to make interesting and useable projects, the easy way.
This book is an easy-to-follow guide, with practical examples in each chapter.
Each topic gives you a fast and easy way to develop certain applications while also explaining how to go further and troubleshoot various issues.
Who this book is for
If you want to learn how a home automation solution works, or learn how to make Internet connected objects without buying costly hardware, this book is for you.
It’s assumed that you have some basic experience with Raspberry Pi / Raspbian, Arduino C, and Python.