Raspberry Pi Cookbook for Python Programmers
|Also available on:|
- Install your first operating system, share files over the network, and run programs remotely
- Unleash the hidden potential of the Raspberry Pi’s powerful Video Core IV graphics processor with your own hardware accelerated 3D graphics
- Discover how to create your own electronic circuits to interact with the Raspberry Pi
- Interface with purpose-built add-ons and adapt off-the-shelf household devices
Book DetailsLanguage : English
Paperback : 358 pages [ 235mm x 191mm ]
Release Date : December 2013
ISBN : 1849696624
ISBN 13 : 9781849696623
Author(s) : Tim Cox
Topics and Technologies : All Books, Cookbooks
Please let us know if you have found any errors not listed on this list by completing our errata submission form. Our editors will check them and add them to this list. Thank you.
Sorry, there are currently no downloads available for this title.
What you will learn from this book
- Set up and run Raspberry Pi for the first time
- Remotely connect to the Raspberry Pi and use your PC/laptop instead of a separate screen/keyboard
- Develop desktop applications, and handle images and process files with ease
- Make use of graphics and user control to develop your own exciting games
- Create 3D worlds by using the Raspberry Pi’s powerful GPU
- Take control of the real world and interface with physical hardware, combining hardware and software for your own needs
- Measure and control processes, respond to real events, and monitor them through the Internet
- Expand the capabilities of the Raspberry Pi with hardware expansion / add-on modules (by using analog inputs, drive servos and motors and SPI/I2C)
The Raspberry Pi foundation has been selling their computers since 2012 with the aim of inspiring a new generation of programmers and engineers. This compact computer combines I]nternet connectivity, hardware interfacing and a familiar desktop development environment to produce massive potential for all kinds of uses. It is easy to program, so why sit there and just be another passive user when you can shift up a gear and really take the driving seat to create whatever you can imagine.
"Raspberry Pi Cookbook for Python Programmers" is a practical guide for getting the most out of this little computer. It will guide you through the many uses of the Raspberry Pi and allow you to showcase the best it has to offer. Discover the Raspberry Pi using the detailed examples which you can adapt and extend and see where your creativity takes you.
"Raspberry Pi Cookbook for Python Programmers" begins by guiding you through setting up the Raspberry Pi, performing tasks using Python 3 and introduces the first steps to interface with electronics. As you work through each chapter you will build up your skills and knowledge and apply them as you progress throughout the book, delving further and further into the unique abilities and features of the Raspberry Pi.
Later, you will learn how to automate tasks by accessing files, build applications using the popular Tkinter library and create games by controlling graphics on screen. You will harness the power of the built-in graphics processor by using Pi3D to generate your own high quality 3D graphics and environments. Connect directly to the Raspberry Pi’s hardware pins to control electronics from switching on LEDs and responding to push buttons right through to driving motors and servos. Learn how to monitor sensors to gather real-life data and use it to control other devices, and view the results over the Internet. Apply what you have learnt by creating your own Pi-Rover or Pi-Hexipod robots. Finally, we will explore using many of the purpose-built add-ons available for the Raspberry Pi, as well as interfacing with common household devices in new ways.
The "Raspberry Pi Cookbook for Python Programmers" will allow you to discover the vast range of abilities this micro-computer has. By following the clear examples you can pick up many new skills and arm yourself with the tools to create your own exciting and interesting projects.
"Raspberry Pi Cookbook for Python Programmers" is written in a Cookbook format, presenting examples in the style of recipes.This allows you to go directly to your topic of interest, or follow topics throughout a chapter to gain a thorough in-depth knowledge.
Who this book is for
The aim of this book is to bring you a broad range of Python 3 examples and practical ideas which you can develop to suit your own requirements. By modifying and combining the examples to create your own projects you learn far more effectively with a much greater understanding. Each chapter is designed to become a foundation for further experimentation and discovery of the topic, providing you with the tools and information to jump right in.
Readers are expected to be familiar with programming concepts and Python (where possible Python 3 is used), although beginners should manage with the help of a good Python reference book and background reading. No prior knowledge of the Raspberry Pi or electronics is required; however for the hardware sections you will need some basic electronic components/household tools to build some of the projects.