Instant Rainmeter Desktop Customization Tool How-to [Instant]
|Print & eBook also available on:|
- Learn something new in an Instant! A short, fast, focused guide delivering immediate results.
- Eases the learner into the features of Rainmeter
- Build fun widgets and data readouts customized to your requirements
- Pragmatic information that is designed to get you building and exploring with Rainmeter
Book DetailsLanguage : English
eBook : 70 pages
Release Date : April 2013
ISBN : 1782160264
ISBN 13 : 9781782160267
Author(s) : Ken Lim
Topics and Technologies : All Books, Instant, Other, Open Source
Table of ContentsPreface
Instant Rainmeter Desktop Customization Tool How-to
- Instant Rainmeter Desktop Customization Tool How-to
- Installing Rainmeter (Simple)
- Managing Rainmeter skin layout and composition (Simple)
- Installing additional skins (Simple)
- Adding captions to your wallpaper (Simple)
- Adding dynamic captions to your desktop (Simple)
- Building a bar graph cityscape (Intermediate)
- Giving a label to Memory Plaza (Intermediate)
- Adding more buildings in an efficient manner (Intermediate)
- Turning your desktop into your personal art gallery (Intermediate)
- Improving your memory with desktop Flashcards (Intermediate)
- Displaying and controlling music playback from your desktop (Advanced)
- Putting the news on your desktop (Advanced)
- Creating interactive Flashcards (Advanced)
The material is presented well, and within the given scope, it does what is expected. The author makes a good use of text, code and images, and creates an interesting story of a topic that should be considered quite dull.
Please let us know if you have found any errors not listed on this list by completing our errata submission form. Our editors will check them and add them to this list. Thank you.
Sorry, there are currently no downloads available for this title.
What you will learn from this book
- Customize your Windows desktop with Rainmeter widgets
- Download and mix and match other widgets for a truly unique style
- Develop a solid understanding of core Rainmeter concepts from which to start building
- Turn your desktop into a live gallery
- Create interactive widgets to control your music collection, or to improve your memory
- Make your desktop truly dynamic and interactive
- Invent a news widget that displays headlines
- Create text widgets that display custom messages
Rainmeter lets you create and place custom widgets and readings on your Windows Desktop. Rainmeter is easy to pick up and is open to experimentation, giving the tinkerer a great starting point to learn how to hack.
Instant Rainmeter Desktop Customization How-to is a friendly tour of the Rainmeter application. You’ll learn how to create some nifty projects using easy-to-follow instructions and diagrams. Each project is followed with a deep dive of the code employed to provide an understanding of exactly how the project works.
This practical book will teach you how to customize your Windows desktop from a simple static wallpaper image into a dynamic data panel.
Starting from a simple task, you will learn how to add captions to your desktop and how to turn your desktop into your personal art gallery. Going deeper into Rainmeter, you will learn how to get really creative by building a cityscape out of bar graphs. You will be shown Rainmeter’s extensive set of out of the box tools as well as how to create useful tools for yourself, such as interactive flashcards.
Filled with practical, step-by-step instructions and clear explanations for the most important and useful tasks. A short, concise book focused on delivering immediate results with practical recipes on customizing your desktop.
Who this book is for
This book is geared towards PC users with sufficient working knowledge of Windows. You should be comfortable with surfing the Web, and downloading and manipulating files on your desktop to start with. We will provide you with the rest.