Instant RabbitMQ Messaging Application Development How-to [Instant]
|Print & eBook also available on:|
- Learn something new in an Instant! A short, fast, focused guide delivering immediate results
- Learn how to build message-based applications with RabbitMQ using a practical Node.js ecommerce example
- Implement various messaging patterns including asynchronous work queues, publish subscribe and topics.
- Lean how to successfully configure RabbitMQ and understand how this impacts performance.
Book DetailsLanguage : English
eBook : 54 pages
Release Date : May 2013
ISBN : 1782165746
ISBN 13 : 9781782165743
Author(s) : Andrew Keig
Topics and Technologies : All Books, Application Development, Instant, Open Source
Table of ContentsPreface
Instant RabbitMQ Messaging Application Development How-to
- Instant RabbitMQ Messaging Application Development How-to
- What can RabbitMQ do for you?
- Installing RabbitMQ (Simple)
- Installing Node.js (Simple)
- Hello World (Simple)
- Work Queues (Intermediate)
- Persistent messages (Intermediate)
- Acknowledgements (Intermediate)
- Publisher Confirms (Intermediate)
- Publish Subscribe (Advanced)
- Complex routing (Advanced)
- Go forth and multiply
Download the code and support files for this book.
Please let us know if you have found any errors not listed on this list by completing our errata submission form. Our editors will check them and add them to this list. Thank you.
Sorry, there are currently no downloads available for this title.
What you will learn from this book
- Understand best practices for RabbitMQ application development
- Distribute time consuming tasks with work queues
- Decouple your application with the publish subscribe pattern
- Explore complex routing techniques
- Reliable message delivery with acknowledgements, persistence and publisher confirms
RabbitMQ is an open source message-broker that implements the Advanced Message Queuing Protocol (AMQP) standard. This book will enable you to take advantage of RabbitMQ to create scalable, message-based applications.
In "Instant RabbitMQ Messaging Application Development How-to" you start by understanding the reasons for using an AMQP message broker; you will then implement a simple messaging application.
You will then be guided through the process of decoupling an existing highly-coupled e-commerce application using messaging patterns and look at RabbitMQ options for reliable message delivery. You’ll finish your journey by exploring more advanced routing patterns. This book takes a highly practical approach we will offer numerous hints and tips for successful application development along the way.
Filled with practical, step-by-step instructions and clear explanations for the most important and useful tasks. Written in a practical, concise style, this book is complete with hands-on examples and the right amount of theory to get you started developing messaging applications with RabbitMQ.
Who this book is for