|Also available on:|
- Refresh your knowledge of the basics of message-orientated architecture and witness how powerful RabbitMQ can be when building your messaging applications
- Discover the strategies behind increasing the scalability and fault tolerance of your applications
- Gain a deep and practical understanding of RabbitMQ through the journey of Clever Coney Media, a fictitious company with real-world problems
Book DetailsLanguage : English
Paperback : 182 pages [ 235mm x 191mm ]
Release Date : April 2014
ISBN : 1783983205
ISBN 13 : 9781783983209
Author(s) : David Dossot
Topics and Technologies : All Books, Application Development, Open Source
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: A Rabbit Springs to Life
Chapter 2: Creating an Application Inbox
Chapter 3: Switching to Server-push
Chapter 4: Handling Application Logs
Chapter 5: Tweaking Message Delivery
Chapter 6: Smart Message Routing
Chapter 7: Taking RabbitMQ to Production
Chapter 8: Testing and Tracing Applications
Appendix: Message Schemas
Download the code and support files for this book.
Please let us know if you have found any errors not listed on this list by completing our errata submission form. Our editors will check them and add them to this list. Thank you.
Errata- 1 submitted: last submission 27 May 2014
Type: Graphics | Page no: 118
One of the broker in the image must be named as rmq-prod-2
What you will learn from this book
- Familiarize yourself with the basics of RabbitMQ to start building your own messaging applications
- Get to know how Clever Coney Media implemented RabbitMQ to improve the development of applications
- Publish, receive, and reject messages
- Route messages by using direct, topic, fanout, and header exchanges
- Create your own application inbox and public address system using Java and Ruby
- Analyze the traffic of your applications using a Python client
- Solve any emergencies using an eviction strategy, smart message routing, clustering, and federation
- Monitor the health of your application by learning how to track it
RabbitMQ is above all other forms of message queuing software thanks to its loosely coupled architecture and its ability to bind multiple languages, making modern web applications secure, scalable, and simple to maintain.
Armed with this supportive guide, you now have the opportunity to get stuck into developing your own message-based applications immediately with RabbitMQ. Using the fictitious Clever Coney Media as a case study, you will follow their journey of developing with RabbitMQ, from implementing simple, synchronous get operations to using advanced message routing and tracking the messaging application. With RabbitMQ Essentials, you will observe how using message queuing software can streamline the development of your own distributed and scalable applications.
This book is a quick and concise introduction to RabbitMQ. Follow the unique case study of Clever Coney Media as they progressively discover how to fully utilize RabbitMQ, containing clever examples and detailed explanations.
Who this book is for
Whether you are someone who develops enterprise messaging products professionally or a hobbyist who is already familiar with open source Message Queuing software and you are looking for a new challenge, then this is the book for you. Although you should be familiar with Java, Ruby, and Python to get the most out of the examples, this book will give you the push you need to get started, which no other RabbitMQ tutorial can provide you with.