Python for Secret Agents
|Also available on:|
- Build a toolbox of Python gadgets for password recovery, currency conversion, and civic data hacking
- Use stenography to hide secret messages in images
- Get to grips with geocoding to find villains’ secret lairs
Book DetailsLanguage : English
Paperback : 159 pages [ 235mm x 191mm ]
Release Date : August 2014
ISBN : 1783980427
ISBN 13 : 9781783980420
Author(s) : Steven F. Lott
Topics and Technologies : All Books, Other, Open Source
Please let us know if you have found any errors not listed on this list by completing our errata submission form. Our editors will check them and add them to this list. Thank you.
Sorry, there are currently no downloads available for this title.
What you will learn from this book
- Quickly get to grips with using Python to create tools and solve problems
- Manipulate image files and learn how to encode messages into an image using steganography
- Gather a file's hidden secrets, such as EXIF data and .ZIP archive contents
- Build applications that access, filter, and analyze live data from the Web
- Design Python modules, libraries, and applications
- Customize your Python environment with specialized packages
- Extract data using HTTP and FTP internetworking protocols
Python is an easy-to-learn and extensible programming language that allows secret agents to work with a wide variety of data in a number of ways. It gives a beginner a simple way to start programming, but Python’s standard library also provides numerous packages that allow the Python-using secret agent to easily utilize very sophisticated information processing.
This book will guide new field agent trainees through putting together a Python-based toolset for gathering, analyzing, and communicating data. It starts by covering the basics and then moves on to sections such as file exchange, image processing, geocoding, simple trigonometry, and more sensitive statistical processing. You will then learn how to use polynomials to encode and decode data in different representations. Furthermore, this book shows you how to add tools to a Python environment and how to work with images and parse HTML web pages to extract meaningful data respectively. The idea of adding packages to Python is central to how an agent will leverage these tools for data processing.
Taking a playful approach to learning Python for data analysis, each chapter of this book covers a full briefing of an essential Python tool and then shows how to apply that tool as part of a practical secret agent mission.
Who this book is for
This book is for Python beginners looking to learn the language through interesting projects. A basic knowledge of programming and statistics is beneficial to get the most out of the book.