Instant Pygame for Python Game Development How-to [Instant]
|Print & eBook also available on:|
- Learn something new in an Instant! A short, fast, focused guide delivering immediate results.
- Quickly develop interactive games by utilizing features that give you a great user experience
- Create your own games with realistic examples and easy to follow instructions
- Learn about the game development process, from installing simple games to more complicated multiplayer games, ensuring compatibility with mobile devices
Book DetailsLanguage : English
eBook : 76 pages
Release Date : March 2013
ISBN : 1782162860
ISBN 13 : 9781782162865
Author(s) : Ivan Idris
Topics and Technologies : All Books, Instant, Games, Open Source, Python
Table of ContentsPreface
Instant Pygame for Python Game Development How-to
- Instant Pygame for Python Game Development How-to
- Preparing your development environment (Simple)
- Running a simple game (Simple)
- Drawing with Pygame (Simple)
- Animating objects (Simple)
- Using fonts (Simple)
- Using Matplotlib with Pygame (Simple)
- Accessing surface pixel data (Intermediate)
- Accessing sound data (Simple)
- Playing a movie (Intermediate)
- Pygame on Android (Intermediate)
- Artificial intelligence (Intermediate)
- Drawing sprites (Intermediate)
- Using OpenGL with Pygame (Advanced)
- Detecting collisions (Intermediate)
- Adding networking functionality (Advanced)
- Debugging your game (Intermediate)
- Profiling your code (Intermediate)
- Puzzle game with Pygame (Advanced)
- Simulating with Pygame (Advanced)
Download the code and support files for this book.
Please let us know if you have found any errors not listed on this list by completing our errata submission form. Our editors will check them and add them to this list. Thank you.
Sorry, there are currently no downloads available for this title.
What you will learn from this book
- Install and prepare the basic setup to get started with the technology on various operating systems including Linux, Mac OS X, and Windows.
- Learn how you can develop real- time multiplayer games and integrate them with social networks using Twisted
- Overcome the limitations of mobile browsers allowing you to take full advantage of their various features with minimum hassle
- Introduction to the drawing functionality of Pygame and getting into more dynamic animating functions
- Understand and use Sprites, OpenGL , and detecting Collisions with Pygame
- Interesting examples to understand Simulation and Animation
- Display various fonts and learn more about the time and memory usage and its management
- Integrate with the open source library, Matplotlib to create various interesting plots.
- Accessg data to create excellent sound effects and music to go with the games
Pygame is a library created to make multimedia software documenting easy to design. It adds functionality on top of the excellent SDL library. This allows you to create fully featured games and multimedia programs in the Python language. Pygame comes with functions and tools that will help you create a great user experience.
"Instant Pygame for Python Game Development How-to" is written in a concise and result-oriented format. Leading you through practical recipes, you’ll find that this essential reference guide helps you to create visually appealing and thrilling games with a few clicks.
This book starts with the basic instructions to install Pygame on different servers. It then goes into creating a sample game and explaining the features of drawing, animating, using fonts and Matplotlib with Pygame. The book then takes you through recipes to get access to some great sound and graphic effects. Giving you the steps to allow you to configure these games on Android and other networks, it ends with a walkthrough of the features of Sprites, OpenGL, and Simulation.
Filled with practical, step-by-step instructions and clear explanations for the most important and useful tasks .This book is a step-by-step, short and fast paced tutorial packed with powerful recipes that will teach you how to create exciting games.
Who this book is for
This book is aimed at Python Game Developers who want to create games with Pygame quickly and easily and get familiar with important aspects of it. Experience with Python is assumed. Basic Game development experience would help but isn't necessary.