Prototyping Essentials with Axure
|Also available on:|
- Learn in a progressive and structured way to plan and construct highly compelling interactive, responsive prototypes that will impress and excite decision makers, stakeholders, and users
- Discover how, without any programming knowledge, you can quickly simulate complex interactions for applications such as e-commence and global enterprise systems
- Acquire effectivetime-saving methods for constructing and annotating wireframes, interactive prototypes, and UX specifications
- A hands-on guide that walks you through the iterative process of UX prototyping as an individual designer or member of a team, including planning collaboration, wireframe construction, interaction design, annotations, and specifications
- Comprehensive coverage of Axure 7, the leading UX tool used by tens of thousands of user experience professionals, business analysts, and product managers in global corporations, governments, large institutions, leading interactive agencies, and thousands of small and medium businesses worldwide
Please let us know if you have found any errors not listed on this list by completing our errata submission form. Our editors will check them and add them to this list. Thank you.
Sorry, there are currently no downloads available for this title.
What you will learn from this book
- Discover the principles, techniques, and construction methods for rapid prototyping
- Construct well-formed, device/OS-agnostic wireframes using the Adaptive Views feature
- Simulate rich data application with the Repeater widget
- Explore strategies for managing a change iterative design workflow
- Create and generate UX documentation such as light HTML annotations or detailed UX specifications in MS Word/PDF
- Develop UX prototypes as a team using Axure’s collaboration features
- Use and create custom widgets and libraries for interaction and visual design patterns
- Plan and organize your prototype to support complex, phased projects
Designing the user experience has never been more exciting, while prototyping it has never been more challenging. Whether you are an individual practitioner or a member of a UX team, a consultant, or an in-house UX resource, this book will teach you how to plan, construct, and document top-quality, device/OS-agnostic artifacts and deliverables such as task and user flows, persona briefs, wireframes, prototypes, and specifications with Axure 7: the leading UX industry design tool.
Prototyping Essentials with Axure is a detailed, practical primer on Axure 7.0 and is a complete rewrite of the previous edition due to the numerous new features in Axure 7.0. Demand for skilled Axure professionals is high and familiarity with Axure is an expected prerequisite skill for UX designers worldwide. Short on jargon and high on methods and best practices, and packed with real-life scenarios and step-by-step guidance through hands-on examples, this book will help you integrate Axure into your UX workflow.
Task and user flows, persona briefs, annotated wireframes, interactive and responsive prototypes, and UX specifications are among the fundamental deliverables of every UX project and are probably the most labor and time intensive to produce due to constant change. Businesses and other requirements are often in flux and constant adjustments are needed in response to iterative feedback cyclesfrom users and stakeholders. Release schedules are notoriously aggressive, budgets miniscule, and resources are few and overstretched. To complicate matters even further, responsive design is now required. Sound familiar?
Given these circumstances, Axure’s unified UX environment has quickly taken the lead as the tool of choice by the UX community. The effectiveness of demonstrating an interactive prototype, creating multiple views for responsive web design, and the ability to generate your work into a Word specification not only saves time for the designer, but it also saves time for the team and gains a stronger buy-in.
This book takes a very pragmatic approach to showing you how to use Axure and produce impressive deliverables while saving you labor and time. You may not be in a position to change how projects are scheduled, budgeted, and managed, but you can be more creative and productive by mastering one of the leading UX tools on the market.
After an initial orientation of Axure’s user interface, terminology, and features, this book will walk you through a medium-sized UX project – a farm-to-table Co-op that sells produce to be delivered to the buyer. Although some aspects of the prototyping process are simplified for the sake of clarity and efficiency, the demo project is an opportunity to discuss in context and in sequence topics such as addressing business and technical requirements, handling use cases and flow diagrams, low and high fidelity wireframe construction, interactivity, writing annotations, generating detailed UX specifications, and traceability. The book also shows the reader how to use more complex features such as responsive views and repeaters.
The book ends with a new troubleshooting chapter that covers common mistakes made when creating the prototype. That’s right, no more banging your head against the wall trying to figure out why the HTML prototype will not work!
The book provides a comprehensive practical grounding in the methodologies and best practices of wireframing, interactive and responsive prototyping, specification collaborations with Axure, and for the most part, can be read in sequence or used as a reference guide.
A hands-on guide filled with practical examples to device/OS independent User Experience Strategy with Axure 7.
Who this book is for
This book is intended for:
- UX practitioners, business analysts, product managers, and others involved in UX projects
- Consultants or in-house staff who work for agencies and corporations
- Individual practitioners or UXteam members
- UX practitioners who are seeking to deliver higher value in a fraction of the time involved in wireframing and annotating with traditional, drawing-tool-based techniques
- UX practitioners who want to dramatically improve their productivity and skills with expertise in delivering rich interactive prototypes and extensive specifications instead of static documents
The book caters to every level; whether you have little familiarity with Axure or have been using the tool for years and consider yourself a pro, you will find this book to be an invaluable resource.