Prototyping Essentials with Axure
|Also available on:|
- Plan and construct highly compelling, interactive and responsive prototypes that will impress and excite decision makers, stakeholders, and users
- Learn effective time-saving methods to construct and annotate wireframes, interactive prototypes, and UX specifications
- A hands-on guide that walks you through the iterative process of UX prototyping as an individual designer or team member
Please let us know if you have found any errors not listed on this list by completing our errata submission form. Our editors will check them and add them to this list. Thank you.
Sorry, there are currently no downloads available for this title.
What you will learn from this book
- Familiarize yourself with principles, techniques, and construction methods for rapid prototyping
- Construct well-formed, device/OS-agnostic wireframes using the Adaptive Views feature
- Simulate rich data application with the Repeater widget
- Discover strategies for managing iterative design workflow
- Create and generate UX documentation such as light HTML annotations or detailed UX specifications in MS Word/PDF
- Develop UX prototypes as a team using Axure’s collaboration features
- Create and use custom widgets and libraries for interaction and visual design patterns
- Plan and organize your prototype to support complex phased projects
Designing the user experience has never been more exciting, while prototyping it has never been more challenging. Prototyping is the single most cost effective means to track usability problems, before you begin investing in visual design or coding, and Axure RP7 is the industry’s foremost prototyping tool.
This detailed, practical primer on Axure 7.0 is a complete re-write of the previous edition due to the numerous new features in Axure 7.0. Demand for skilled Axure professionals is high, and familiarity with Axure is an expected prerequisite for UX designers world-wide. Short on jargon and high on methods and best-practice, packed with real-life scenarios and step-by-step guidance through hands-on examples, this book will help you integrate Axure into your UX workflow.
After an initial orientation of Axure’s user interface, terminology and features, this book will walk you through a medium-size UX project: a farm-to-table Coop that sells produce to be delivered to the buyer. Although some aspects of the prototyping process are simplified for sake of clarity and efficiency, the demo project is an opportunity to discuss advanced topics. You will get acquainted with addressing business and technical requirements in context and in sequence, handling use cases and flow diagrams, low and high fidelity wireframe construction, interactivity, writing annotations, generating detailed UX specifications and traceability. You will also learn how to use more complex features such as responsive views and repeaters.
This book ends with a new troubleshooting chapter that covers common mistakes made when creating the prototype. That’s right, no more banging your head against the wall trying to figure out why the HTML prototype will not work!
This book provides a comprehensive practical grounding in the methodologies and best practices of wireframing, interactive and responsive prototyping, specifications and collaborations with Axure. For the most part, this book can be read in sequence or used as a reference guide.
A hands-on guide filled with practical examples to device/OS independent User Experience Strategy with Axure 7.
Who this book is for
If you are a UX practitioner or a business analyst or a product manager involved in UX projects, this book is for you. This book will also be useful to consultants or in-house staff who work for agencies, and individual practitioners or UX team members. Familiarity with Axure will help but is not mandatory.