The Professional Woman's Guide to Giving Feedback
|Also available on:|
- Give helpful feedback accurately and naturally to engage and motivate.
- Address tricky performance issues and develop your team.
- Know when and where to use different types of feedback.
- Learn to recognise what works and what doesn’t.
- Discover how to reduce and manage unhelpful reactions to avoid negativity in your team.
Book DetailsLanguage : English
Paperback : 70 pages [ 235mm x 191mm ]
Release Date : March 2014
ISBN : 1783000228
ISBN 13 : 9781783000227
Author(s) : Katie Botten
Topics and Technologies : All Books, Business Skills
Please let us know if you have found any errors not listed on this list by completing our errata submission form. Our editors will check them and add them to this list. Thank you.
Sorry, there are currently no downloads available for this title.
What you will learn from this book
- Recognise and overcome unhelpful beliefs and fears surrounding feedback.
- Identify and clarify issues objectively.
- Plan effective feedback conversations.
- Construct feedback in a helpful and respectful way and avoid creating defensive reactions.
- Build rapport and communicate clearly and assertively.
- Deliver feedback appropriately and clearly so that it promotes change and improvement.
Feedback can sometimes feel like a chore. However, when used effectively it can be an incredibly useful tool that can drive improvement and bring you success. Feedback is serious business, but it shouldn’t be daunting – it should be a highly valued instrument that will carry you to the results you know you should be getting.
This practical guide will ensure that you feel ready to deal with any performance issues in your team and spot opportunities for developing others quickly and easily. Dispel any myths and avoid common pitfalls to make feedback into an integral tool in your business life.
Drive your team to success by getting to grips with feedback. Increase your confidence and improve your skills to deliver feedback in a self-assured and constructive manner to create an environment for achievement and top-quality performance.
To get the most out of feedback, this helpful guide will give you useful and incisive advice to help you get a clear understanding of exactly what feedback is and what it can be used for. It will allow you to work through your expectations to transform the value of feedback, and provide you with excellent advice and guidance on how to effectively prepare feedback conversations that are clear and helpful to your team. Ultimately great feedback will help you to craft and cultivate a culture of great communication by asking the right questions and listening effectively and empathetically.
Packed with tips, examples, case studies and scripts, this is an essential tool that will enable you to utilize feedback to your advantage to become a skillful, supportive and successful manager.
A practical and actionable guide featuring tips, examples and case studies that approaches feedback as a key tool for business development. As an experienced communicator and trainer, the author engages and involves the reader making each chapter accessible but essential.
Who this book is for
If you are a professional woman who wants to improve their team and drive them towards shared and personal success, this book will show you how you can make feedback an essential tool that can bring results.