Instant PhpStorm Starter [Instant]
|Print & eBook also available on:|
- Learn something new in an Instant! A short, fast, focused guide delivering immediate results.
- Learn PHPStorm from scratch, from downloading to installation with no prior knowledge required
- Enter, modify, and inspect the source code with as much automation as possible
- Simple, full of easy-to-follow procedures and intuitive illustrations, this book will set you speedily on the right track
Book DetailsLanguage : English
eBook : 86 pages
Release Date : February 2013
ISBN : 1849693943
ISBN 13 : 9781849693943
Author(s) : Włodzimierz Gajda
Topics and Technologies : All Books, Instant, Security and Testing, Web Development, PHP
Table of ContentsInstant PhpStorm Starter
- Instant PhpStorm Starter
- So, what is PhpStorm?
- Step 1 – What do I need?
- Step 2 – Downloading PhpStorm
- Step 3 – Proceeding with the installation
- Step 4 – Entering the license key
- Step 5 – Licenses
- And that's it!!
- Quick start – your first PHP application
- Step 1 – Unzipping and opening files
- Step 2 – Enabling Symfony2 operations
- Step 3 – Generating HelloBundle
- Step 4 – Customizing the action
- Step 5 – Opening your browser
- The PhpStorm interface
- Tool windows
- Favorite files
- Opening existing files
- Top features you need to know about
- General editing operations
- Context-sensitive code editing
- File templates
- File properties
- The editor's appearance
- High-level programming operations for the PHP language
- Accessing documentation
- Inheritance diagrams
- Initiating a new Git repository – a new empty project
- Ignoring files
- Adding new files to the project
- Log analysis
- People and places you should get to know
- Official sites
- Articles and tutorials
Please let us know if you have found any errors not listed on this list by completing our errata submission form. Our editors will check them and add them to this list. Thank you.
Errata- 1 submitted: last submission 07 Aug 2013
Errata type: Typo | Page number: 9
In Bullet point 3: Source files are in a local directory, now Web server is yet configured.
Source files are in a local directory, no Web server is yet configured.
Sorry, there are currently no downloads available for this title.
What you will learn from this book
- Create and run your first PHP application using the modern Symfony2 framework.
- Configure and customize the IDE including its different windows and tools.
- Navigate efficiently through the project files, code, and the IDE itself.
- Use the advanced editor’s features, including file templates, live templates, and autocomplete; with them, you will avoid typing predefined and easily accessible code blocks.
- Learn code injections, a quite unique feature to embed pieces of one language (for example HTML) into another (for example PHP) in the same file. With them you will be able to apply autocomplete in a cross-language way.
- Generate overridden methods, getters, setters, and so on. Your OOP will be taken to the next level.
- Use highly customizable autoformatting – this will relieve you from manual adjustments to comply with coding standards.
- Learn the basics of Git – the best Open Source version control system.
"Instant PHPStorm Starter" is a plain and simple introduction to the world of advanced and professional PHP development with PHPStorm. It concentrates on the various tools and operations that will help you to produce better code in a more efficient way.
Learning professional PHP development starts with the basic using, analysing, and extending of existing PHP code. The book will guide you through the process of setting up and running your first application in Symfony2, a PHP hot topic that enforces all the best practices in PHP programming. Once you complete the task, you will acquire all the necessary knowledge to efficiently work on your code.
The book covers PHPStorm’s interface as well as the most useful tools to generate, modify, and inspect the code. We start with the basic configuration of tool windows and the general IDE’s appearance. Then we proceed with the first application; here, you will learn to manipulate the project’s files. Next, we describe the most important operations concerning the code, one-by-one. This part of the book is divided into three main sections: editing, high level programming operations, and VCS.
This book covers all the killer features of the PHPStorm IDE.
Get to grips with a new technology, understand what it is and what it can do for you, and then get to work with the most important features and tasks.This is a Starter book with plenty of coded examples and pictorial illustrations.
Who this book is for
If you are a developer who knows the basics of PHP and want to learn the PHPStorm and Symfony 2 frameworks, this book is for you. The book concentrates on using the IDE and not on the PHP language.