Practical Mobile Forensics
|Also available on:|
- Clear and concise explanations for forensic examinations of mobile devices
- Master the art of extracting data, recovering deleted data, bypassing screen locks, and much more
- The first and only guide covering practical mobile forensics on multiple platforms
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: Introduction to Mobile Forensics
Chapter 2: Understanding the Internals of iOS Devices
Chapter 3: Data Acquisition from iOS Devices
Chapter 4: Data Acquisition from iOS Backups
Chapter 5: iOS Data Analysis and Recovery
Chapter 6: iOS Forensic Tools
Chapter 7: Understanding Android
Chapter 8: Android Forensic Setup and Pre Data Extraction Techniques
Chapter 9: Android Data Extraction Techniques
Chapter 10: Android Data Recovery Techniques
Chapter 11: Android App Analysis and Overview of Forensic Tools
Chapter 12: Windows Phone Forensics
Chapter 13: BlackBerry Forensics
Download the code and support files for this book.
Please let us know if you have found any errors not listed on this list by completing our errata submission form. Our editors will check them and add them to this list. Thank you.
What you will learn from this book
- Learn different approaches to practical mobile forensics
- Understand the architecture and security mechanisms present in iOS and Android platforms
- Identify sensitive files on iOS and Android platforms
- Set up the forensic environment
- Extract data on iOS and Android platforms
- Recover data on iOS and Android platforms
- Understand the forensics of Windows and BlackBerry devices
With the advent of smartphones, the usage and functionality of mobile devices has grown enormously along with the sensitive information contained in these devices. Law enforcement agencies around the world have realized the importance of evidence present on a mobile device and how it can influence the outcome of an investigation.
Practical Mobile Forensics explains mobile forensic techniques on the iOS, Android, Windows, and BlackBerry platforms. You will learn the fundamentals of mobile forensics, and different techniques to extract data from a device, recover deleted data, bypass the screen lock mechanisms, and various other tools that aid in a forensic examination.
This book will teach you everything you need to know to forensically examine a mobile device. The techniques described are not only useful for budding forensic investigators, but will also come in handy for those who may want to recover accidentally deleted data.
The book is an easy-to-follow guide with clear instructions on various mobile forensic techniques. The chapters and the topics within are structured for a smooth learning curve, which will swiftly empower you to master mobile forensics.
Who this book is for
If you are a budding forensic analyst, consultant, engineer, or a forensic professional wanting to expand your skillset, this is the book for you. The book will also be beneficial to those with an interest in mobile forensics or wanting to find data lost on mobile devices. It will be helpful to be familiar with forensics in general but no prior experience is required to follow this book.