Practical Game Design with Unity and Playmaker
|Also available on:|
- Create artificial intelligence for a game using Playmaker
- Learn how to integrate a game with external APIs (Kongregate)
- Learn how to quickly develop games in Unity and Playmaker
- A step-by-step game development tutorial using AI scripting, external APIs and Multiplayer implementation
Book DetailsLanguage : English
Paperback : 122 pages [ 235mm x 191mm ]
Release Date : December 2013
ISBN : 1849698104
ISBN 13 : 9781849698108
Author(s) : Sergey Mohov
Topics and Technologies : All Books, Other
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: Getting Started with Unity and Playmaker
Chapter 2: Unity's and Playmaker's User Interface
Chapter 3: Components and State Machines
Chapter 4: Creating Your First Game
Chapter 5: Scripting and Custom Actions
Chapter 6: Networking and Multiplayer
Chapter 7: Working with External APIs
Download the code and support files for this book.
Please let us know if you have found any errors not listed on this list by completing our errata submission form. Our editors will check them and add them to this list. Thank you.
What you will learn from this book
- Understand the Unity project structure and the component-based approach to game development.
- Master Unity and Playmaker's interface
- Utilize Unity and Playmaker to create game mechanics
- Implement networking and multiplayer using Photon Unity Networking via Playmaker
- Import and position a model in the scene
- Construct your own custom Playmaker actions
- Create a game from scratch and customize it
Unity is a powerful yet intuitive game development tool and environment for creation of interactive 3D and 2D content. Playmaker is a flexible visual state machine editor and runtime library for Unity 3D that facilitates visual scripting for Unity 3D.
This book is a step-by-step tutorial that thoroughly explains how to make a game from scratch quickly and effortlessly. This books details the steps required to make a game in seven chapters, each of them examining one of the aspects of game development in the most practical and concise way possible.
This book starts by explaining you the component-based approach to game development. It then moves on to teach you how to use state machine's interface to make a game with minimum code and how to add AI and Photon networking to it. The book then progresses through helping you understand how to write a Kongregate API code and upload your game on it. The book finally ends up enabling you to make a complete web Multiplayer game in Unity and add an external API to it.
A practical guide packed with examples that helps you to build a full-fledged game with the help of Unity and Playmaker. A few exercises and useful external resources are also provided to improve both the game and your skills.
Who this book is for
This book is for animation artists and 3D artists, designers, and engineers who want to create interactive content with little or no programming. This book is also for game programmers who want to create a game from scratch in Unity and Playmaker. You are expected to have basic knowledge of game programming and Unity 3D.