Practical Change Management for IT Projects
|Also available on:|
- Ensure your IT project is a long-term success by creating a comprehensive Change Management plan
- Build support for your project and new system with both leadership and end users
- Full of easy to use templates, tips for success, practical examples, and insider know-how from a Change Management consultant to several Fortune 500 companies
Book DetailsLanguage : English
Paperback : 170 pages [ 235mm x 191mm ]
Release Date : March 2014
ISBN : 1783000309
ISBN 13 : 9781783000302
Author(s) : Emily Carr
Topics and Technologies : All Books, Business Skills
Please let us know if you have found any errors not listed on this list by completing our errata submission form. Our editors will check them and add them to this list. Thank you.
Sorry, there are currently no downloads available for this title.
What you will learn from this book
- Quickly begin to use Change Management tools to improve the success of your project
- Complete over 20 templates that address the most important Change Management activities and combine to form a comprehensive plan for sponsorship, stakeholder management, communications, and training
- Build strong relationships with the people and departments that can support you and your project
- Influence the leaders and end users whose involvement in your project is critical to its success
- Determine how your project will impact the people, processes, and systems in your company
- Create a communication plan that enables you to send the right message to the right people at the right time
- Proactively identify and mitigate “people”-risks to your project
- Build a training plan that enables your organization to adopt the change quickly and smoothly
Transform your IT project and make change stick with this step-by-step guide.
In today’s fast-paced world of change, companies expect you to do more, with less. Drawing on over a decade of Change Management experience as a consultant with Fortune 500 companies including IBM and NCR, Emily Carr shares the secrets to making change happen smoothly.
If your company is like most, the number one reason that projects have failed over the years don’t have to do with technology. They have to do with people. People didn’t like the new technology. People weren’t trained properly on the change. People hadn’t received adequate communications and didn’t understand the change. Sound familiar?
Project teams rarely forget to work on the technology, but they often forget to work with the people, and no matter how amazing your new technology is, it’s useless unless people use it efficiently.
This book will help you focus on the people.
Packed with templates, checklists, and real-life examples, this user-friendly guide will provide you with the insights and guidance of an expert consultant, for a fraction of the price. You’ll follow a clearly laid out path from Change Management novice to confident and prepared change manager. You’ll be introduced to the Five Pillars of Change: Sponsorship, Stakeholder Management, Communication, Training, and Organization Design. You will work step-by-step through templates in each pillar to build and run a comprehensive Change Management plan tailor-made to your project and organization.
Who this book is for
Whether you’re an IT Project Manager, Human Resources professional, or the summer intern, this book will provide you with the tools you need to create a comprehensive Change Management plan. Even if you have never before heard the term “Change Management”, you will be able to immediately begin using the templates to create a plan that will enable the successful implementation of IT change across your organization.