PHP and script.aculo.us Web 2.0 Application Interfaces
|Also available on:|
- Get started quickly with script.aculo.us library with as little as one line of code
- Explore Prototype library features, tutorials, code, and examples
- Learn script.aculo.us' In-place Editing, Auto Completion, Sliders, Drag-and-Drop, Effects, and Multimedia
- A book with less jargon, and more code explanation for building real-world examples —Tadalist clone, Digg and Delicious clones, 43things.com clone
Book DetailsLanguage : English
Paperback : 264 pages [ 235mm x 191mm ]
Release Date : May 2009
ISBN : 1847194044
ISBN 13 : 9781847194046
Author(s) : Sridhar Rao
Topics and Technologies : All Books, AJAX, Open Source, Web Development
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: About script.aculo.us
Chapter 2: Exploring Client-side Techniques with Prototype
Chapter 3: Server-side Techniques with PHP and MySQL
Chapter 4: Adding Effects and Multimedia to User Interface Design
Chapter 5: AJAX Drag and Drop Feature using script.acluo.us
Chapter 6: In-place Editing usingscript.aculo.us
Chapter 7: Creating Autocompletion using script.aculo.us
Chapter 8: Slider for Dynamic Applications using script.aculo.us
Chapter 9: script.aculo.us in One Go
Chapter 10: Todonow: A Tadalist Clone
Chapter 11: Creating Delicious and Digg Bookmarks Manager
Chapter 12: Creating a Shopping Search Engine
Chapter 13: Common 43: 43 Things, 43 Places, and 43 People Clones
Download the code and support files for this book.
Please let us know if you have found any errors not listed on this list by completing our errata submission form. Our editors will check them and add them to this list. Thank you.
What you will learn from this book
- Discover the script.aculo.us library with the help of real-world case studies
- Explore wonderful Prototype library features like DOM, AJAX, and event handling
- Unleash the server-side techniques using wonderful PHP and MySQL
- Add wonderful Multimedia effects like morph, highlight, fade, and MP3 sounds
- Get to grips with AJAX using Drag and Drop feature
- Learn the tips, tricks and applications of the InPlaceEditor and InPlaceCollection Editor with just a few lines of code
- Explore all the striking features of script.aculo.us including Sliders, Auto-Completion, Multimedia, and so on
- Implement some of the exciting features of Prototype and script.aculo.us to create a ready-to-go-live project
- Create a mash-up of Delicious and Digg applications and experience a new shopping search by integrating features of script.aculo.us library to our web applications
- Integrate modules to build clones for raw applications
This book has been written keeping in view every basic step as well as covering the most complex aspects while writing our applications — from simple effects, to the AJAX way of communicating through systems in applications. It gives you a completely new way of adding interactivity to your web applications. You will learn how sript.aculo.us provides interactivity and beauty to your project so that it engages users and appeals to the masses.
Faster, more efficient, and more productive applications are what we are trying to build. Each chapter of this book has been hand-crafted to make sure that you as a developer can learn and master the art of making beautiful applications.
The book covers all the various aspects of script.aculo.us with a few real-world clone projects, which will surely help you explore your creative side.
The aim of this book is to make you go "WOW"!
A complete how-to guide for using script.aculo.us and PHP to enhance your web applications and get your project up and running
This book has a fast-paced and practical approach. It focuses on features, tutorials, quick-explanations, tips-n-tricks, and live real-world examples, using script.aculo.us. It contains complete code for all projects, all in an AJAX way. The author uses his vast experience as a programmer to show an interesting and creative way of building web applications.
Who this book is for