Instant PhoneGap Social App Development [Instant]
|Print & eBook also available on:|
- Learn something new in an Instant! A short, fast, focused guide delivering immediate results.
- This book will guide you through using the Twitter JSON API and Phonegap as a simple way to consume social media content. You’ll also be able to share content to Twitter using the Twitter Web Intents.
- Learn how to consume content using Twitter’s JSON API.
- Learn how to use the Twitter Web Intents to share content on the Twitter social network.
- Learn how to install plugins for Phonegap.
- Learn how to create apps for multiple platforms using the same code.
Book DetailsLanguage : English
eBook : 78 pages
Release Date : January 2013
ISBN : 1849696284
ISBN 13 : 9781849696289
Author(s) : Kerri Shotts
Topics and Technologies : All Books, Instant, Mobile Application Development
Table of ContentsPreface
Instant PhoneGap Social App Development
- Instant PhoneGap Social App Development
- What do we build?
- Creating the project
- Designing the UI/interaction
- Designing the data model
- Implementing the data model
- Configuring the ChildBrowser plugin
- Implementing the start view
- Implementing the social view
- Implementing the tweet view
- Putting it all together
Download the code and support files for this book.
Please let us know if you have found any errors not listed on this list by completing our errata submission form. Our editors will check them and add them to this list. Thank you.
Sorry, there are currently no downloads available for this title.
What you will learn from this book
- Share using Twitter Web Intents
- Consume feeds using Twitter’s JSON API
- Cross-platform mobile app development
- Installation of additional plugins into Phonegap
Social media integration in our apps is almost a requirement. Using Phonegap, some plugins, and JSON, we can create an app that consumes Twitter feeds and allows the user to share on Twitter.
"Instant PhoneGap Social App Development" shows you how to create compelling mobile apps that integrate with social media based on Phonegap. The book will show you how to consume Twitter feeds and also share content to Twitter using Twitter Web Intents.
Using code listings and easy steps, this book will guide you through the process of creating a Phonegap app, adding plugins, and using the Twitter API and Twitter’s web intents.
You’ll learn how to install PhoneGap plugins so that you can extend the capabilities of your application. You’ll also be introduced to Twitter’s JSON API and Twitter’s Web Intents which allow the consuming of feed content and the posting of content to Twitter respectively. Along the way, you’ll also learn how to create a cross-platform mobile app that works on iOS and Android.
Filled with practical, step-by-step instructions and clear explanations for the most important and useful tasks. Get the job done and learn as you go. This book is concise and follows a clear, step-by-step tutorial approach.
Who this book is for