Pentaho Reporting [Video]
Packt Video. Stream online or download for unrestricted offline use. Learn more
- New! Packt Video courses: practical screencast-based tutorials that show you how to get the job done. Bite sized chunks, hands on instructions, and powerful results.
- Make customizations in Pentaho reports using Pentaho Report Designer and Java Environment for web and swing applications
- Packed with practical examples including tips on how to efficiently reach your end goal
- Explore the basics of the Pentaho Business Intelligence Server and Pentaho Data Integration
Video DetailsLanguage : English
Release Date : Thursday, January 23, 2014
Course Length : 1 hour and 37 minutes
ISBN : 1782167838
ISBN 13 : 9781782167839
Author(s) : Francesco Corti
Topics and Technologies : Video, e-Learning, Open Source
Table of Contents
- Getting Started with Pentaho Reporting [15:57 minutes]
- Installing Pentaho Reporting
- Loading and Saving Reports and Having a Preview
- Building a Report Using the Report Wizard
- Building the 'My First Report'
- Customizing the 'My First Report'
- Advanced Customization on the My First Report
- Dive Deeper into the Pentaho Reporting Engine's XML and Java APIs [11:44 minutes]
- Setting the Java Development Environment
- Embedding a Pentaho Report in an Enterprise Web Application
- Embedding a Pentaho Report in a SWING Application
- Introducing Serialized Reports
- Building a Report Using Pentaho Reporting’s Java API
- Configuring the JDBC Database and Other Data Sources [12:43 minutes]
- Configuring Your Data Source to a DBMS Using JDBC
- Configuring Your Data Source to an OLAP Engine (Mondrian)
- Configuring Your Data Source to an XML File and a Table
- Configuring Your Data Source to Metadata and PDI
- Working with Data Sources in Java
- Introducing Graphic Chart Types – Pie, Bar, Line, and Others [10:36 minutes]
- Incorporating a Line Chart into a Pentaho Report
- Incorporating Supported Charts and Common Properties
- Incorporating and Customizing Charts into a Report
- Incorporating Images into a Report
- Modifying Reports Using Parameters and Internationalization [11:14 minutes]
- Parameterizing a Pentaho Report
- Parameterizing a Pentaho Report Using Java
- Working with Functions and Expressions
- Working with Formulas
- Internationalization and Localization of Pentaho Reports
- Adding Subreports and Cross Tabs in Your Reports [09:52 minutes]
- Adding a Multi-page Subreport in a Pentaho Report
- Parameterizing and Adding Chart Subreport in a Pentaho Report
- Adding a Side-by-Side Subreport in a Pentaho Report
- Adding Cross Tabs in a Pentaho Report
- Building Interactive SWING and HTML Reports [12:29 minutes]
- Building Interactive Reports in SWING
- Building Interactive Reports in HTML
- Using Pentaho Reporting in the Pentaho Suite [13:10 minutes]
- Using Pentaho Reporting with Pentaho Business Intelligence Server
- Using Pentaho Reporting with Pentaho Data Integration (Kettle)
Sorry, there are currently no downloads available for this video.
Download the code and support files for this video.
Support, complaints and feedback.
Packt is committed to making Packt Video courses a valuable, useful way for IT professionals to learn new skills. We have made every effort to ensure that this course reaches the required standard and will work on our customer's devices. Please go to our support page.
What you will learn from this video course
- Install Pentaho Report in your development or production environment
- Create impressive reports with advanced charts, interaction, multi-language support and much more
- Use the Pentaho Report Engine in your Java environment for web and swing applications
- Interact and customize your Pentaho reports using Java (in a web and swing application)
- Develop your basic and advanced reports using several datasources comprised of the OLAP Engines
- Deploy and use your Pentaho Reports inside the Pentaho suite, in particular in the Pentaho Business Intelligence Server and the Pentaho Data Integration
Who this video course is for
If you are a Java developer or IT professional who wants to assemble custom reporting solutions with Pentaho Reporting, this video course is ideal for you. Master the advanced concepts within Pentaho Reporting such as sub-reports, cross-tabs, data source configuration, and metadata-based reporting.
Pentaho Report Designer is one of the most important core modules of the Pentaho BI Suite, that builds impressive reports using Open Source Business Intelligence Solutions . Pentaho Report Designer helps you to develop professional applications, making them interact with a multi-language support as well as parameterized reports.
You will learn exactly how to develop basic and advanced reports using the Pentaho Report Designer environment, and a more customized Java environment. All of the examples are described in-depth with the source code, and you will be guided through this book using a step-by-step approach which will ensure that you’ll achieve impressive results.
This course begins with the installation of the Java Development Environments using practical examples, moving onto how to develop impressive reports using tables, charts and sub-reports. The examples will also be shown in a Java development environment for web and swing applications.
Next, you will be taken on a practical run through the Pentaho Report Designer. This guide will then explain Java APIs, data source connections, and the development of several chart types. You also learn the most relevant, advanced features needed to make a report , such as internationalization, parameterization, interaction, functions, expressions, sub-reports and cross-tabs, leading the way to the use of reports in the Pentaho Suite (especially in the Pentaho BI server and Pentaho Data Integration).
With the Pentaho Report basic and advanced development video course, you'll get in touch with the enterprise development of reports, with one of the most relevant Open Source Business Intelligence solutions.
Screenshots from the course
Packt video courses are designed to cover the breadth of the topic in short, hands-on, task-based videos. Each course is divided into short manageable sections, so you can watch the whole thing or jump to the bit you need. The focus is on practical instructions and screencasts showing you how to get the job done.
A practical video guide, which dives directly into report generation using various techniques, offering you all of the tips and tricks needed to understand Pentaho Reporting. Learn how to create, modify, implement code, and publish professional reports that will boost your business enterprise to a completely new level.