Instant Pentaho Data Integration Kitchen [Instant]
|Print & eBook also available on:|
- Learn something new in an Instant! A short, fast, focused guide delivering immediate results
- Understand how to discover the repository structure using the command line scripts
- Learn to configure the log properly and how to gather the information that helps you investigate any kind of problem
- Explore all the possible ways to start jobs and learn transformations without any difficulty
Book DetailsLanguage : English
eBook : 68 pages
Release Date : July 2013
ISBN : 184969690X
ISBN 13 : 9781849696906
Author(s) : Sergio Ramazzina
Topics and Technologies : All Books, Big Data and Business Intelligence, Data, Instant
Table of ContentsPreface
Instant Pentaho Data Integration Kitchen
- Instant Pentaho Data Integration Kitchen
- Designing a simple PDI transformation (Simple)
- Designing a simple PDI job (Simple)
- The important role of icon and color indicators
- Configuring command-line tools to run properly (Simple)
- Executing PDI jobs from a filesystem (Simple)
- Executing PDI jobs packaged in archive files (Intermediate)
- Executing PDI jobs from the repository (Simple)
- Dealing with the execution log (Simple)
- Discovering your PDI repository from the command line (Simple)
- Exporting jobs and transformations to the .zip files (Simple)
- Managing PDI processes' return code (Simple)
- Scheduling PDI jobs and transformations (Intermediate)
It is a short practical book (everything is explained based on examples) that covers all the essential and some advanced topics (quite frankly, probably everything there is to say about these utilities) and I definitely give it big thumbs up!
Download the code and support files for this book.
Please let us know if you have found any errors not listed on this list by completing our errata submission form. Our editors will check them and add them to this list. Thank you.
Sorry, there are currently no downloads available for this title.
What you will learn from this book
- Understand how to configure memory requirements
- Discover the PDI repository structure from the command line
- Explore how to start jobs from a filesystem packed in an archive file
- Schedule PDI processes on Linux and Windows
- Master the art of configuring log levels and logging output
- Start jobs from the repository
- Get feedback from your process execution
Pentaho PDI is a modern, powerful, and easy-to-use ETL system that lets you develop ETL processes with simplicity. Explore and gain the experience and skills that you need to run processes from the command line or schedule them by using an extensive description and a good set of samples.
Instant Pentaho Data Integration Kitchen How-to will help you to understand the correct way to deal with PDI command line tools. We start with a recipe about how to configure your memory requirements to run your processes effectively and then move forward with a set of recipes that show you the different ways to start PDI processes.
We start with a recap about how transformations and jobs are designed using spoon and then move forward to configure memory requirements to properly run your processes from the command line.
We dive into the various flags that control the logging system by specifying the logging output and the log verbosity. We focus and deliver all the knowledge you require to run the ETL processes using command line tools with ease and in a proficient manner.
Filled with practical, step-by-step instructions and clear explanations for the most important and useful tasks. A practical guide with easy-to-follow recipes helping developers to quickly and effectively collect data from disparate sources such as databases, files, and applications, and turn the data into a unified format that is accessible and relevant to end users.
Who this book is for
Any IT professional working on PDI and is a valid support for either learning how to use the command line tools efficiently or for going deeper on some aspects of the command line tools to help you work better.