Pentaho Business Analytics Cookbook
|Also available on:|
- Gain insight into developing reports, cubes, and data visualizations quickly with Pentaho
- Provides an overview of Pentaho’s mobile features
- Improve your knowledge of Pentaho User Console including tips on how to extend and customize it
Book DetailsLanguage : English
Paperback : 392 pages [ 235mm x 191mm ]
Release Date : June 2014
ISBN : 178328935X
ISBN 13 : 9781783289356
Author(s) : Sergio Ramazzina
Topics and Technologies : All Books, Big Data and Business Intelligence, Cookbooks, Open Source
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: Getting Familiar with Pentaho User Console
Chapter 2: Configuring Your BA Server Instance
Chapter 3: Defining BA Server Data Sources
Chapter 4: Defining Business Models with the Pentaho Metadata Editor
Chapter 5: Creating Reports Using Pentaho Interactive Reporting
Chapter 6: Creating Analysis Reports
Chapter 7: Creating Reports Using Pentaho Report Designer
Chapter 8: Creating Dashboards
Chapter 9: Scheduling Content
Chapter 10: Working with Pentaho Mobile BI
Chapter 11: Customizing Pentaho BA to Meet Your Business Needs
Download the code and support files for this book.
Please let us know if you have found any errors not listed on this list by completing our errata submission form. Our editors will check them and add them to this list. Thank you.
What you will learn from this book
- Familiarize you with the Pentaho User Console along with user and administrative tasks
- Define data sources and get data from any Pentaho source
- Build analysis easily with OLAP and the Pentaho Analyzer
- Look into Pentaho Mobile App and see how easy it is to use the platform from a mobile device
- Design complex but effective reports with Pentaho Report Designer
- Hack the platform to customize the look and feel of the portal, add new functionalities, and integrate third-party web applications
Pentaho Business Analytics 5 is a complete open source business intelligence suite, providing data integration, OLAP, reporting, data visualization, and data mining features. Pentaho Business Analytics Cookbook provides you with a valuable and detailed set of recipes that illustrate all the features of Pentaho Business Analytics 5, the new version of the popular BI platform. The book provides clear illustrations and simple examples, helping you learn the core topics visually.
This practical guide contains a wide variety of recipes, taking you through all the topics you need to quickly familiarize yourself with Pentaho and extend your Pentaho skillset.
Who this book is for
If you are involved in daily activities using Pentaho Business Analytics platform, this is the book for you. It is a good companion to get you quickly acquainted with everything you need to increase your productivity with the platform. We assume basic familiarity with Pentaho, data warehouse design and SQL, HTML, and XML.