Instant Penetration Testing: Setting Up a Test Lab How-to [Instant]
|Print & eBook also available on:|
- Learn something new in an Instant! A short, fast, focused guide delivering immediate results.
- A concise and clear explanation of penetration testing, and how you can benefit from it
- Understand the architectural underpinnings of your penetration test lab
- Learn how to set up your lab to be used in many different scenarios
Book DetailsLanguage : English
eBook : 88 pages
Release Date : March 2013
ISBN : 1849694125
ISBN 13 : 9781849694124
Author(s) : Vyacheslav Fadyushin
Topics and Technologies : All Books, Instant, Security and Testing
Table of ContentsPreface
Instant Penetration Testing: Setting Up a Test Lab How-to
- Instant Penetration Testing: Setting Up a Test Lab How-to
- Understanding penetration testing (Must know)
- Planning the lab environment (Should know)
- Setting up the network security lab (Must know)
- Setting up a web app lab (Should know)
- Setting up a Wi-Fi lab (Become an expert)
- Reviewing online lab portals (Become an expert)
- Igor Ljubuncic
Please let us know if you have found any errors not listed on this list by completing our errata submission form. Our editors will check them and add them to this list. Thank you.
Errata- 1 submitted: last submission 23 May 2013
Errata type: Typo and Grammar | Page number: About page and page 14 | Errata date: 17-4-2013
About page, for Igor Minin - "THML" (should've been HTML)
Page 13: "download these software:" (should either be "download this software" or "download these software packages"
Page 14: "written those who only" (should assumably be "written for those who only")
Sorry, there are currently no downloads available for this title.
What you will learn from this book
- Set up a lab for practising overall penetration testing
- Set up a lab for practising web application penetration testing
- Set up a lab for practising Wi-Fi penetration testing
- Where to look for further information, as well as online practise
- What penetration testing is, and how it can be useful to you
- Understand and implement penetration testing lab architecture
Penetration testing is notoriously difficult to execute. With many different real-world scenarios to consider, and an ever growing number software and hardware to manage, testers need to be highly qualified in many fields. A controlled lab environment is crucial to the success of penetration testing and testers.
"Instant Penetration Testing : Setting Up a Test Lab How-to" is a practical guide which will help you get started building your first penetration lab, by helping you understand and implement your lab architecture.
This book starts with a penetration testing overview and then shows the reader, through a step-by-step approach, the ways in which to set up three different types of lab.
The book will then teach you how to set up labs for practising a variety of general and target-specific penetration testing techniques.
"Instant Penetration Testing: Setting Up a Test Lab How-to" will provide you with all the information you need for setting up your own hacking playgrounds, helping you to sharpen your penetration testing skills.
Filled with practical, step-by-step instructions and clear explanations for the most important and useful tasks. Get the job done and learn as you go. A how-To book with practical recipes accompanied with rich screenshots for easy comprehension.This is a How-to guide, written with practicality in mind. Theory is downplayed, and we get you started doing the things you need to do, right away.
Who this book is for
"Instant Penetration Testing: Setting Up a Test Lab How-to" is written for beginners to penetration testing, and will guide you in avoiding the common mistakes that people new to penetration testing make.