Instant Passbook App Development for iOS How-to [Instant]
|Print & eBook also available on:|
- Learn something new in an Instant! A short, fast, focused guide delivering immediate results
- Learn to create and customize a Passbook pass
- Sign a pass digitally to ensure safe delivery
- Understand how to update a pass using push notifications and a REST API endpoint
Book DetailsLanguage : English
eBook : 56 pages
Release Date : June 2013
ISBN : 184969706X
ISBN 13 : 9781849697064
Author(s) : Keith D. Moon
Topics and Technologies : All Books, Instant, Mobile Application Development, iOS
Table of ContentsPreface
Instant Passbook App Development for iOS How-to
- Instant Passbook App Development for iOS How-to
- Understanding Passbook (Simple)
- Setting up your environment (Simple)
- Creating your Pass (Medium)
- Signing your Pass (Simple)
- Delivering your Pass via e-mail (Medium)
- Delivering your Pass via a web link (Medium)
- Delivering your Pass via an app (Medium)
- Updating a Pass within the Passbook app (Advanced)
Download the code and support files for this book.
Please let us know if you have found any errors not listed on this list by completing our errata submission form. Our editors will check them and add them to this list. Thank you.
Sorry, there are currently no downloads available for this title.
What you will learn from this book
- Create the signing certificates needed to digitally sign a pass
- Develop and customize a pass using Apple’s JSON format
- Digitally sign a pass to prevent modification during delivery
- Setting the MIME type to deliver a pass as an email attachment and via web
- Send the pass through a companion app, using Apple’s PassKit framework
- Update a pass using push notifications and a web server implementing Apple’s REST API
With iOS 6, Apple introduced the Passbook app as a central digital wallet for all the store cards, coupons, boarding passes, and event tickets that have become a popular feature of apps. The passes in Passbook can be tied to relevant locations and times, providing additional visibility for your brand or service.
Instant Passbook App Development for iOS How-to is a step-by-step walkthrough of how to create, customize, deliver, and update a pass for Passbook, the newest and most exciting iOS 6 feature. With sample code and clear instructions you will be guided through the process and helped to avoid the pitfalls.
Instant Passbook App Development for iOS How-to helps you understand Apple’s Passbook feature, leading you through creating and distributing your first pass. Clear step-by-step instructions, along with sample code and resources, will get you up and running so you can integrate Passbook into your app or service. With this book you will learn how to create, customize, sign, deliver, and update your Passbook pass, with the help of sample code and clear instructions.
Filled with practical, step-by-step instructions and clear explanations for the most important and useful tasks. A step-by-step guide, focusing on simple projects to help you create a Passbook app for iOS 6.
Who this book is for
Instant Passbook App Development for iOS How-to is for registered Apple iOS developers, experienced in building an app using Objective-C and Xcode, looking to add Passbook functionality to their app. You will need to have an understanding of the JSON format, REST APIs, and a server-side language like Ruby. Familiarity with executing commands via the Terminal app is expected for the exercises within this book.