Instant PageSpeed Optimization [Instant]
|Print & eBook also available on:|
- Learn something new in an Instant! A short, fast, focused guide delivering immediate results
- Optimize website using HTML standard protocols
- Enhance user response by minimizing HTTP requests
- Optimize images using CSS sprites and minify scripts
Book DetailsLanguage : English
eBook : 62 pages
Release Date : September 2013
ISBN : 1849697329
ISBN 13 : 9781849697323
Author(s) : Sanjeev Jaiswal
Topics and Technologies : All Books, Instant, Other
Table of ContentsPreface
Instant PageSpeed Optimization
- Instant PageSpeed Optimization
- Minimizing HTTP requests (Simple)
- Adding an Expires or Cache-Control header (Simple)
- Following HTML standards (Simple)
- Reducing DOM elements (Intermediate)
- Setting up CSS sprites (Advanced)
- Enabling compression (Simple)
- Optimizing images (Simple)
- Setting up browser caching (Simple)
- Using Apache mod_pagespeed – installing and configuring (Advanced)
- Making favicon.ico small and cacheable (Simple)
- Avoiding redirects and Not Found errors – 301 and 404 codes (Advanced)
- Using the Flush method (Intermediate)
- Configuring ETags (Advanced )
- Making AJAX cacheable (Intermediate)
Download the code and support files for this book.
Please let us know if you have found any errors not listed on this list by completing our errata submission form. Our editors will check them and add them to this list. Thank you.
Sorry, there are currently no downloads available for this title.
What you will learn from this book
- Make your websites much faster by minimizing HTTP requests
- Reduce bandwidth using the Content Delivery Network
- Learn to set up CSS sprites
- Make your website at least twice as fast using Apache mod_pagespeed
- Make Ajax cacheable
- Set up caches to serve contents faster
- Make your websites W3C compliant by following proper HTML standards
PageSpeed is an important aspect of web design and site management. It is a Google measure of how well the site performs to technical measurements. PageSpeed can be measured using Google’s own tool or a browser plugin. It is used to score sites in indices, and is important from a UI view as it forms a large part of the success of your site.
Instant PageSpeed Optimization is a practical, hands-on guide that provides you with a number of clear, step-by-step exercises, which will help you to take advantage of the real power that is behind web optimization techniques, and give you a good grounding in using it in your websites.
The book explores topics like HTML standards used for optimization, minifying scripts, and taking care of images, and solves the common errors that users do unknowingly. It will take you through a number of clear, practical recipes that will help you to take advantage of all the possible technologies to make your websitess efficient, fast, and accurate. You will not only learn basic standards to optimize your websites, but you will also learn some advanced level methods such as Apache handling, Flush methods, making AJAX cacheable, setting up browser caches, and reducing image size using CSS sprites.
If you want to take advantage of all the necessary methods to make your website faster and efficient, then this book is a must-have.
Filled with practical, step-by-step instructions and clear explanations for the most important and useful tasks. Instant PageSpeed Optimization is a hands-on guide that provides a number of clear, step-by-step exercises for optimizing your websites for better performance and improving their efficiency.
Who this book is for