Oracle Solaris 11 Advanced Administration Cookbook
|Also available on:|
- Understand and execute best practices when administering advanced features of Oracle Solaris 11
- Master special features of Oracle Solaris 11 such as ZFS objects, networking framework with RNC (Reactive Network Configuration), and get introduced to Performance Monitoring using sophisticated commands
- Practical and easy-to-learn recipes explaining how to install, configure, update, and manage the Solaris OS and its application
Book DetailsLanguage : English
Paperback : 485 pages [ 235mm x 191mm ]
Release Date : August 2014
ISBN : 1849688265
ISBN 13 : 9781849688260
Author(s) : Alexandre Borges
Topics and Technologies : All Books, Enterprise Products and Platforms, Cookbooks, Enterprise
Please let us know if you have found any errors not listed on this list by completing our errata submission form. Our editors will check them and add them to this list. Thank you.
Sorry, there are currently no downloads available for this title.
What you will learn from this book
- Configure and administer the IPS framework
- Master ZFS using snapshots, backup, and shadowing
- Share filesystem using SMB, ZFS, and COMSTAR
- Configure a TCP/IP network using features such as NCP, NCU, IPMP, Link Aggregation, Network Bridge and ILB (Integraded Load Balancer)
- Configure a DHCP server and a DNS client
- Handle SMF Manifests and Profiles
- Learn to configure and use AI (Automated Installer)
- Administer, manage and monitor processes and priorities using Fair Share Scheduling (FSS)
- Configure, migrate, and administer Zones using Resource Manager
- Implement Flow Control and Zone Migration
- Implement RBAC and Least Privileges in the Oracle Solaris environment
- Monitor Performance indicators and learn when there’s a bottleneck on the system
Oracle Solaris is one of the most widely deployed UNIX-based operating systems in industries today, perfect for critical environments, high performance professionals, and non-stop infrastructures. Fully integrated features such as Oracle Solaris Zones and network virtualization enable rapid provisioning of highly dynamic public and private cloud environments. It has been engineered to work together with the Oracle Database, middleware, and applications, to deliver unique features for increasing performance, streamlining management and automating support for Oracle deployments. Oracle Solaris 11 provides new, flexible, and more secure administration.
This book gives an in-depth coverage on every important feature in the Oracle Solaris 11 operating system. Starting with how to manage the IPS repository, and make a local repository, you will proceed to create your own IPS package. Then you will learn about handling Boot Environments, configuring and managing ZFS frameworks, and ZFS shadowing. You will cruise ahead to implement Zones and review SMF operations, and also configure an Automated Installer, which is part of the new software deployment architecture introduced in Oracle Solaris 11.1.
You will advance through Role Based Access Control (RBAC) and Least Privileges. You will then learn how to configure and administer resource manager, and finally you will be introduced to Oracle Solaris Performance Tuning.
From learning to configure Solaris, to making the most of its advanced features, this book enables you to transform your home into an efficient virtual machine environment using VMware Workstation and Virtual Box. Become a skilled professional, and learn all commands, concepts, and tricks directly from an Oracle ACE.
An easy-to-follow guide, packed with hands-on examples of real-world administration tasks that will allow you to administer and master Solaris using the newest version of the Solaris OS.
Who this book is for
If you are a Solaris administrator who wants to learn more about administering an Oracle Solaris system and want to go a level higher in utilizing the advanced features of Oracle Solaris, then this book is for you. A working knowledge of Solaris Administration is assumed.