Oracle SOA Suite 11g R1 Developer's Guide
|Also available on:|
- A hands-on, best-practice guide to using and applying the Oracle SOA Suite in the delivery of real-world SOA applications
- Detailed coverage of the Oracle Service Bus, BPEL PM, Rules, Human Workflow, Event Delivery Network, and Business Activity Monitoring
- Master the best way to use and combine each of these different components in the implementation of a SOA solution
- Illustrates key techniques and best practices using a working example of an online auction site (oBay)
Book DetailsLanguage : English
Paperback : 720 pages [ 235mm x 191mm ]
Release Date : July 2010
ISBN : 1849680183
ISBN 13 : 9781849680189
Author(s) : Antony Reynolds, Matt Wright
Topics and Technologies : All Books, Oracle Fusion Middleware, Architecture & Analysis, BPEL, Enterprise, Java, Oracle, SOA, Web Development, Web Services
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: Introduction to Oracle SOA Suite
Chapter 2: Writing your First Composite
Chapter 3: Service-enabling Existing Systems
Chapter 4: Loosely-coupling Services
Chapter 5: Using BPEL to Build Composite Services and Business Processes
Chapter 6: Adding in Human Workflow
Chapter 7: Using Business Rules to Define Decision Points
Chapter 8: Using Business Events
Chapter 9: Building Real-time Dashboards
Chapter 10: oBay Introduction
Chapter 11: Designing the Service Contract
Chapter 12: Building Entity Services Using Service Data Objects (SDOs)
Chapter 13: Building Validation into Services
Chapter 14: Error Handling
Chapter 15: Advanced SOA Suite Architecture
Chapter 16: Message Interaction Patterns
Chapter 17: Workflow Patterns
Chapter 18: Using Business Rules to Implement Services
Chapter 19: Packaging and Deployment
Chapter 20: Testing Composite Applications
Chapter 21: Defining Security and Management Policies
Download the code and support files for this book.
Please let us know if you have found any errors not listed on this list by completing our errata submission form. Our editors will check them and add them to this list. Thank you.
Errata- 1 submitted: last submission 22 Mar 2013
Errata type: Code Download
Downloading the example code for this book
You can download the example code files for all Packt books you have purchased from your account at http://www.PacktPub.com. If you purchased this book elsewhere, you can visit http://www.PacktPub.com/support and register to have the files e-mailed directly to you.
What you will learn from this book
- Implement SOA composites using standards like the Services Component Architecture (SCA) of the Oracle SOA Suite
- Build implementation-agnostic services using the Oracle Service Bus and Mediator
- Learn to use key technology adapters to service-enable existing systems
- Assemble services to build composite services and long-running business process using BPEL
- Implement Service Data Objects (SDOs) and embed them as Entity Variables within a BPEL Process using ADF-Business Components
- Implement Business Rules and Decision Tables using the new Rules Editor
- Incorporate Human Workflow into your processes and use Business Rules to provide greater agility
- Leverage the Meta Data Service (new in 11gR1) to share XML resources between composites.
- Design XML schemas and WSDL service contracts for improved agility, reuse, and interoperability
- Transform the look and feel of the workflow within your solution using the Workflow APIs
- Handle errors within your application using Fault Policies
- Create, deploy, and run test cases that automate the testing of composite applications
- Secure and administer SOA applications using Web Service Manager
- Learn best practices to architect, design, and implement your overall SOA Solution
We are moving towards a standards-based Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA), where IT infrastructure is continuously adapted to keep up with the pace of business change. Oracle is at the forefront of this vision, with the Oracle SOA Suite providing the most comprehensive, proven, and integrated tool kit for building SOA-based applications.
Developers and Architects using the Oracle SOA Suite, whether working on integration projects, building composite applications, or specializing in implementations of Oracle Applications, need a hands-on guide on how best to harness and apply this technology. This book will guide you on using and applying the Oracle SOA Suite to solve real-world problems, enabling you to quickly learn and master the technology and its applications.
This book is a major update to Oracle SOA Suite Developer's Guide, which covered 10gR3. It is completely updated for Oracle SOA Suite 11gR1, with 40% new material, including detailed coverage of newer components, such as: the Mediator, the new Rules Editor, the Event Delivery Network, Service Data Objects, and the Meta Data Repository. There is also a complete additional chapter on advanced SOA Architecture including message delivery, transaction handling and clustering considerations.
The initial section of the book provides you with a detailed hands-on tutorial to each of the core components that make up the Oracle SOA Suite. Once you are familiar with the various pieces of the SOA Suite and what they do, the next question will typically be:
"What is the best way to use and combine all of these different components to implement a real-world SOA solution?"
Answering this question is the goal of the next section. Using a working example of an online auction site (oBay), it leads you through key SOA design considerations in implementing a robust solution that is designed for change.
The final section addresses non-functional considerations and covers the packaging, deployment, and testing of SOA applications. It then details how to secure and administer SOA applications.
Use and apply the Oracle SOA Suite in the implementation of real-world SOA applications
This book is a comprehensive guide, split into three sections. The initial section of the book provides an introduction to the Oracle SOA Suite and its various components, and will give you an in-depth fast-paced hands-on introduction to each of the key components.
The next section provides an in-depth best-practice guide to applying the various components of the SOA Suite to implement a real-world SOA-based solution; it illustrates this through the development of an auction site (oBay).
The final section covers other considerations such as the packaging, deployment, testing, security, and administration of SOA applications.
Who this book is for
If you are a developer or a technical architect who works in the SOA domain, this book is for you. The primary purpose of the book is to provide you with a hands-on practical guide to using and applying the Oracle SOA Suite in the delivery of real-world composite applications.
You need basic understanding of the concepts of SOA, as well as some of the key standards in this field, including web services (SOAP, WSDL), XML Schemas, and XSLT (and XPath).