The Business Analyst's Guide to Oracle Hyperion Interactive Reporting 11
|Also available on:|
- Get to grips with the most important, frequently used, and advanced features of Oracle Hyperion Interactive Reporting 11
- A step-by-step Oracle Hyperion training guide packed with screenshots and clear explanations
- Explore the features of Hyperion dashboards, reports, pivots, and charts
- Learn how to build advanced data models and queries, and how to import external data set into your analysis
Book DetailsLanguage : English
Paperback : 232 pages [ 235mm x 191mm ]
Release Date : September 2010
ISBN : 1849680361
ISBN 13 : 9781849680363
Author(s) : Edward J. Cody
Topics and Technologies : All Books, Oracle Applications, Enterprise, Oracle
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: Oracle Hyperion Interactive Reporting
Chapter 2: The Query
Chapter 3: The Data Model
Chapter 4: Advanced Querying and Filtering
Chapter 5: Results and Tables
Chapter 6: Pivots
Chapter 7: Charts
Chapter 8: Reports
Chapter 9: Dashboards
Please let us know if you have found any errors not listed on this list by completing our errata submission form. Our editors will check them and add them to this list. Thank you.
What you will learn from this book
- Navigate the Workspace with examples for importing and provisioning Interactive Reporting documents
- Learn to build data models and queries, and import external data
- Gain in-depth understanding of leveraging user-defined SQL in the product
- Learn to analyze data in the Result, Table, and Pivot sections
- Explore the different chart types and methods for adding chart content
- Build report sections including data from multiple queries and different charts and pivots
- Create interactive dashboards and configure interactive components
Oracle Hyperion Interactive Reporting is one of the many products in the Oracle Enterprise Performance Management software suite, an industry-leading business intelligence software package. The primary focus of the Interactive Reporting product is to provide strong relational querying and data analysis capabilities. It also provides the capability to disseminate information throughout an enterprise. There is a very steep learning curve for most users of this tool.
This book examines the power of the Interactive Reporting Web Client software, focusing on the key features of each section of the product. The author's experience in developing and supporting Interactive Reporting users is very well documented in this book. The goal is to educate you on every useful feature of the product, enabling you to gather information from various sources and process it to produce meaningful results that help you to spot problems and analyze trends necessary for business decisions.
The book starts with a quick introduction to the product interface and the EPM Workspace, with explanation of importing and provisioning. It then takes you through each section from building a query and data model to building graphical displays of the data in a logical sequence. The report sections and interactive dashboards are also discussed at length. The book also covers advanced features of the product and provides you with the information necessary to build the foundation for creating complex queries and computations using the product.
Demonstrates the key functionalities of the Oracle Hyperion Interactive Reporting software with a detailed view of each section and an introduction to dashboard design
This is a hands-on walkthrough, from gathering information to creating a report to the presentation sections. It helps you to get accustomed to the software and gives an in-depth understanding of how to easily unleash the powerful functionality of the software. As a result you will be able to use the powerful functionalities of Oracle Hyperion Interactive Reporting 11 to drive important business decisions. The style of the book allows you to use it as a guide to walk through each chapter or as reference material while you work with the software.
Who this book is for
This book is for all Oracle Hyperion Interactive reporting users from novice to advanced. If you find yourself struggling while using this tool or you are new to the tool, this book will guide you through and make the learning process incremental.