Instant Oracle Database and PowerShell How-to [Instant]
|Print & eBook also available on:|
- Learn something new in an Instant! A short, fast, focused guide delivering immediate results.
- Load Oracle Data Access components and connect to Oracle databases
- Retrieve, format, filter, and export data
- Execute database procedures and modify database objects
- Build Oracle script libraries and run automated, unattended scripts
Book DetailsLanguage : English
eBook : 80 pages
Release Date : January 2013
ISBN : 1849688583
ISBN 13 : 9781849688581
Author(s) : Geoffrey Hudik
Topics and Technologies : All Books, Instant, Oracle Database, Enterprise, Microsoft
Table of ContentsPreface
Instant Oracle Database and PowerShell How-to
- Instant Oracle Database and PowerShell How-to
- Setting up your environment (Simple)
- Accessing Oracle (Simple)
- Connecting and disconnecting (Simple)
- Retrieving data (Simple)
- Filtering and exporting data (Simple)
- Adding records (Simple)
- Importing sets of records (Medium)
- Updating and deleting records (Simple)
- Executing database procedures (Medium)
- Organizing and invoking scripts (Medium)
- Script automation and error handling (Medium)
- Creating reusable script modules (Advanced)
- Automating SQL*Plus (Advanced)
- Exploring ODT assemblies (Advanced)
- Visualizing data (Advanced)
Download the code and support files for this book.
Please let us know if you have found any errors not listed on this list by completing our errata submission form. Our editors will check them and add them to this list. Thank you.
Sorry, there are currently no downloads available for this title.
What you will learn from this book
- Different ways to access Oracle from PowerShell such as ODP.NET
- Various PowerShell tips, techniques, and samples
- Visualize data using graphical charting tools
- Executing and modifying database procedures
- Running scripts in a scheduled, automated fashion with error handling
- Automating SQL*Plus from PowerShell for complex SQL execution
- Harnessing Oracle Developer Tools’ rich Oracle library
PowerShell provides a rich, object-oriented scripting language that can be used to perform a number of Oracle database tasks. It can be harnessed to automate manual tasks in graphical database management systems or go beyond what can be done in Oracle-only command line shells.
Oracle and PowerShell will walk you through scripting a number of common Oracle database tasks with real-world code examples and detailed explanations so you can automate operations without manual labor or writing custom utility applications.
This book will start with accessing Oracle and retrieving and modifying data, and will build up to more involved operations, building a reusable script library along the way.
You will also see how to execute and modify database procedures from PowerShell, run unattended, scheduled scripts, and automate database deployments using Oracle command line tools from PowerShell. Finally you will learn how to tap into a powerful library in Oracle's Developer Tools and visualize Oracle data using Microsoft's Charting library.
In the Oracle Database and PowerShell How-to you'll learn all the major building blocks for automating Oracle database tasks using Microsoft's rich scripting language.
Filled with practical, step-by-step instructions and clear explanations for the most important and useful tasks. Get the job done and learn as you go. This How-To guide is full of hands-on examples to get your databases automated in no time, with easy to follow code that will prove useful time and time again.
Who this book is for
If you are a .NET developer using an Oracle Database or a regular Oracle Database user this book is full of helpful hints and tricks to automate Oracle Databases with Powershell.