Oracle Data Integrator Essentials [Video]
Packt Video. Stream online or download for unrestricted offline use. Learn more
- New! Packt Video courses: practical screencast-based tutorials that show you how to get the job done. Bite sized chunks, hands on instructions, and powerful results.
- Develop the necessary skills for effectively carrying out data integration and transformations in ODI interfaces
- Understand the use of ODI development objects with methods and concepts illustrated from real projects
- Master the key concepts of ODI’s physical and logical architecture and the use of Knowledge Modules and data models
Video DetailsLanguage : English
Release Date : Thursday, October 31, 2013
Course Length : 2 hours and 8 minutes
ISBN : 1782170480
ISBN 13 : 9781782170488
Author(s) : Andreas Nobbmann
Topics and Technologies : Video
Table of Contents
- The ODI Core Concepts [24:15 minutes]
- Key ODI Concepts
- Differentiating between ETL and ELT
- Exploring the Graphical UI
- ODI Basics
- Defining Your Strategy
- The ODI Staging Area
- Developing in ODI – the Core Objects [21:47minutes]
- Organizing Your Project
- Creating an Interface
- Using Joins, Data Sets, Filters, and Sequences
- Using Temporary Interfaces and Lookups
- Your Data Transformation Strategy – Knowledge Modules [11:06 minutes]
- Adapting Knowledge Modules to Your Needs
- Executing Data Transformation in an ODI Interface
- Executing a Mapping on Your Source
- Workflows in ODI [19:08 minutes]
- Creating a Workflow in ODI
- Reusable Workflows: Procedures
- User Functions as Useful Functions
- Customize Development Objects in ODI
- Data Quality and Delta Detection [15:08 minutes]
- Oracle Data Quality Products
- Using Data Integrity Controls and Integrating Data Quality in ODI
- Running EDQ
- Delta Detection via CDC
- Version Management and Deployment [13:06 minutes]
- Version Management
- Scenarios: Smallest Deployment Units
- Export and Import
- Operating and Maintenance [12:51 minutes]
- ODI Repository Tables
- Additional Supporting Functions [11:11 minutes]
- How to Automate ODI Object Creation
- Impact and Data Lineaging
- ODI Studio Enhancements
Sorry, there are currently no downloads available for this video.
Support, complaints and feedback.
Packt is committed to making Packt Video courses a valuable, useful way for IT professionals to learn new skills. We have made every effort to ensure that this course reaches the required standard and will work on our customer's devices. Please go to our support page.
What you will learn from this video course
- Get to know the difference between ETL and ELT
- Find out how to make the best use of ODI objects such as joins, datasets, filters, and sequences
- Build workflows based on packages to execute a process
- Define your strategy with Knowledge Modules and adapt these module to your needs
- Create reusable pluggable procedures for recurring tasks
- Perform your daily tasks such as administration, maintenance, and deployment easily
- Understand how the architecture of ODI can be set up and how and where ODI stores its metadata
- Comprehend the use of scenarios as the smallest deployments units in ODI
- Discover how solutions are used to resolve dependencies between different ODI objects
Who this video course is for
If you are a database administrator or data warehouse developer wanting to broaden your skills in data integration tasks and transformations using Oracle Data Integrator, this is the course for you.
Oracle Data Integrator (ODI) is Oracle’s strategic tool covering all your data integration requirements. ODI lets you write custom code easily, extract data from source files, transform data in a staging area, and load this data to your target database. So, if you are a database administrator with an aim to effectively use ODI as a powerful tool for data integration solutions, it’s time you started making the most of it.
This video course will show you how to use ODI for your data transformation and integration projects. It will also provide you with valuable input on which methods to use for various ODI objects according to the situation, with examples based on real-life requirements.
Covering all the key ODI concepts, this video course shows you how to make the best use of ODI’s declarative approach to define your strategy with Knowledge Modules.
First, you are made familiar with the basics of ETL processes and then learn how to use of ODI development objects with the help of practical examples. You then move on to get an understanding of ODI’s transformation vehicles and its interface, followed by how ODI packages can be used to develop more workflow-based data integration tasks. Next we show you how reusable objects can be customized by using variables to suit your needs. The following sections broaden your understanding of topologies, scenarios, load plans, and data integration solutions.
By the end of the course, you will have enough knowledge of ODI, development, deployment, and maintenance techniques to give you the confidence to develop your own data integration projects.
Packt video courses are designed to cover the breadth of the topic in short, hands-on, task-based videos. Each course is divided into short manageable sections, so you can watch the whole thing or jump to the bit you need. The focus is on practical instructions and screencasts showing you how to get the job done.
A practical guide bursting with tips and real-world best practices to get you on your way with Oracle Data Integrator and help you make the most of this tool.