Oracle Business Intelligence : The Condensed Guide to Analysis and Reporting
|Also available on:|
- Install, configure, and deploy the components included in Oracle Business Intelligence Suite (SE)
- Gain a comprehensive overview of components and features of the Oracle Business Intelligence package
- A fast paced, practical book that provides you with quick steps to answer common business questions and help you make informed business decisions
- Leverage the computational power of Oracle Database
Book DetailsLanguage : English
Paperback : 184 pages [ 235mm x 191mm ]
Release Date : October 2010
ISBN : 184968118X
ISBN 13 : 9781849681186
Author(s) : Yuli Vasiliev
Topics and Technologies : All Books, Oracle Applications, Oracle Database, Oracle Fusion Middleware, Enterprise, Oracle
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: Getting Business Information from Data
Chapter 2: Introducing Oracle Business Intelligence
Chapter 3: Working with Database Data
Chapter 4: Analyzing Data and Creating Reports
Chapter 5: Warehousing for Analysis and Reporting
Chapter 6: Pivoting Through Data
Chapter 7: Drilling Data Up and Down
Chapter 8: Advanced Analysis and Reporting
Please let us know if you have found any errors not listed on this list by completing our errata submission form. Our editors will check them and add them to this list. Thank you.
What you will learn from this book
- Install and configure Oracle Business Intelligence SE suite and Oracle Business Intelligence Tools suite
- Perform multidimensional data analysis through the prism of SQL
- Understand database structures behind Business Intelligence metadata components
- Perform analysis and prepare reports using the Oracle Business Intelligence SE components— Discoverer Administrator, Discoverer Plus and Discoverer Viewer
- Build, deploy and execute reports using Oracle Reports—Reports Server and Reports Builder
- Integrate data from different transactional systems and facilitate business analysis with warehousing
- Take advantage of the slice and dice capability to change the layout or contents of an Oracle BI Discoverer Plus report
- Arrange data for effective analysis by use of pivoting
- Drill data up and down and navigate the Discoverer worksheet to process data
- Use analytic SQL functions to answer business questions
- Unveil the power of your business data with Oracle Discoverer
- Analyze data and prepare business reports using Oracle Reports
- Build a data warehouse with Oracle Warehouse Builder
Business Intelligence (BI) is the process of obtaining business information from available data and today, most businesses use BI to control their affairs. With Business Analysis and Reporting in Oracle Business Intelligence, you can quickly learn how to put the power of the Oracle Business Intelligence solutions to work. To jump start with analysis and reporting of data on an Oracle Business Intelligence SE platform and to keep the process of learning simple and interesting requires numerous annotated examples.
The examples in this introductory guide will make you immediately familiar with tools included in the Oracle Business Intelligence package. This book will teach you how to find answers to common business questions and make informed business decisions as well as helping you to use Oracle Business Intelligence SE platform and prepare database for analysis.
This practical, example-rich guide starts by explaining concepts behind getting business information from data. We then move smoothly onto the tools included in the Oracle Business Intelligence SE and Oracle Business Intelligence Tools packages. Along the way, we will look at how to take advantage of Discoverer Administrator, Discoverer Plus, and Discoverer Viewer for analysis and reporting. You will also learn how to build, deploy and execute reports using Oracle Reports, and integrate data from different data sources with warehousing, employing Oracle Warehouse Builder software. Covering advanced Oracle Business Intelligence features, this book will teach you how to pivot data, drill it up and down, as well as display it visually in graphs.
A fast-paced introductory guide to get you up and running swiftly with the tools included in Oracle BI SE
This book is a quick guide to getting started with Oracle Business Intelligence SE platform that will answer common business questions and help you make quick business decisions. The examples in this book will help you prepare the database for analysis and create business reports in no time.
Who this book is for
If you are an business analyst, a report builder, a DBA, or an application developer who wants to learn how to use the Oracle Business Intelligence platform for analysis and reporting, this is the perfect book for you. Previous knowledge of Oracle Business Intelligence tools is not required, but you should have a competent grasp of using an Oracle Database.