OpenX Ad Server: Beginner's Guide
|Also available on:|
- Develop a professional advertising solution for a web site that meets the business requirements by following the creation of an example site with the help of easy-to-follow steps and ample screenshots
- Initiate an advertising campaign and add banners using your creativity to develop an impressive web site
- In-depth practical approach providing you with a better and faster ad-server solution to sway your advertising needs for a blog or web site
- Packed with hands-on-examples and clear explanations for better understanding
Book DetailsLanguage : English
Paperback : 300 pages [ 235mm x 191mm ]
Release Date : March 2010
ISBN : 1849510202
ISBN 13 : 9781849510202
Author(s) : Murat Yilmaz
Topics and Technologies : All Books, Beginner's Guides, Open Source
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: Introduction and Installation of OpenX Ad Server
Chapter 2: Start Ad Serving with OpenX
Chapter 3: Advertisers and Campaigns
Chapter 4: Filling Campaigns with Banners
Chapter 5: Adding Websites and Zones
Chapter 6: Taking Advantage of Channels
Chapter 7: OpenX Account Management
Chapter 8: User and Account Preferences
Chapter 9: Upgrading OpenX
Chapter 10: Using Reports and Statistics
Appendix: Pop Quiz Answers
A lot of screenshots are provided to guide the reader and anyone who knows how to create a website will understand the book by scanning the pages. In the end, the book convinced me to look into the “Ad Serving” part of the internet and I suggest if you own a lot of websites and want to run advertisements, then you get a copy of this book and make your life easier.
True to the title, I found this book can guide the reader from zero knowledge of online advertising to capable user of the popular OpenX Ad Server. I believe this book delivers on it's promise by making OpenX clearly understandable to the reader and I wish every technical book were this straightforward!
Please let us know if you have found any errors not listed on this list by completing our errata submission form. Our editors will check them and add them to this list. Thank you.
What you will learn from this book
- Learn the essentials of online advertising from the advertiser and publisher points of view
- Install and utilize OpenX Ad Server effectively to make your business run faster
- Get to know the usage of all the campaign and banner types
- Manage ad campaigns and banners on multiple web sites from a centralized platform
- Display ads according to their importance and alter the under-performing ads easily and swiftly
- Learn the most effective way to work with web site ad zones
- Maximize your profits by selling your ad space on your blogs and web sites effectively
- Take full advantage of GeoTargeting for generating maximum revenue by showing ads according to visitor origin
- Utilize the channels to show relevant ads based on the content of web sites
- Integrate Google AdSense and Amazon ads with your web sites using OpenX
- Convert OpenX Ad Server into a multi-user ad management platform for advertisers, publishers, and ad agencies
- Track the success of any ad campaign, banner or web site zone using detailed statistics, and reports
OpenX is the world's leading independent ad server and it provides you with the simple tools you need to make money from advertising. Although OpenX is a fast, robust ad serving solution to power all of your digital advertising, it can be challenging to get beyond the basics and build an advertising system that meets your needs perfectly.
This practical guide gives you a hands-on experience on using OpenX Ad Server, helping you develop feature-rich and professional advertising solutions for web sites with world-class ad serving functionality. The book explores the powers of OpenX Ad Server and provides you with impressive ad server solutions.
OpenX Ad Server Beginner's Guide will help you gain control over all the advertising needs of your blogs and web sites on a centralized ad-serving platform, for much easier management than traditional with methods. You will be able to run your own ads and sell your ad space to advertisers at the same time. You will learn how to serve ads according to origin of the visitors using GeoTargeting features. Combined with OpenX Channels, you will maximize your online revenue with relevant ads. This book also tells you how you can integrate other popular Ad networks like Google AdSense, Amazon and so on. Using OpenX for multiple accounts, tracking the success of ad campaigns using statistics, and reports are also discussed in detail.
This step-by-step guide to building advertising solutions for web sites helps you to get the most out of OpenX Ad Server's many powerful features
Written with a step-by-step but friendly and engaging approach, this Packt Beginner's Guide is designed to be placed alongside the computer as your guide and mentor. Step-by-step tutorials are boosted by explanations of the reasoning behind what you are doing. You will quickly pick up the necessary skills, tips, and tricks for building a successful OpenX ad server with practical examples that help you to learn by experiment and play.
Who this book is for
If you are an enthusiast with clear IT basics, who wants to use OpenX ad server for advertising, then this book is for you.