OpenGL Development Cookbook: RAW
|Also available on:|
- Explores current graphics programming techniques including GPU-based methods from the outlook of modern OpenGL 3.3
- Includes GPU-based volume rendering algorithms
- Discover how to employ GPU-based path and ray tracing
- Create 3D mesh formats and skeletal animation with GPU skinning
- Explore graphics elements including lights and shadows in an easy to understand manner
Book DetailsLanguage : English
Paperback : 250 pages [ 235mm x 191mm ]
Release Date : July 2013
ISBN : 1849695040
ISBN 13 : 9781849695046
Author(s) : Muhammad Mobeen Movania
Topics and Technologies : All Books, Cookbooks, Open Source, RAW books
|1||Introduction to Modern OpenGL Development||IN THE BOOK|
|2||3D Viewing and Object Picking System Development||IN THE BOOK|
|3||Offscreen Rendering and Environment Mapping
||IN THE BOOK|
|4||Lights and Shadows
||IN THE BOOK|
|5||Working with Mesh Model Formats and Simple Particle Systems
||IN THE BOOK|
|6||GPU-based Global Illumination and Alpha Blending Techniques
||IN THE BOOK|
|7||GPU-based Volume Rendering Techniques||MAY 2013|
|8||Skeletal and Physically-based Simulation on the GPU||MAY 2013|
Please let us know if you have found any errors not listed on this list by completing our errata submission form. Our editors will check them and add them to this list. Thank you.
Sorry, there are currently no downloads available for this title.
What you will learn from this book
- Create an OpenGL 3.3 rendering context
- Get to grips with camera-based viewing and object picking techniques
- Learn off-screen rendering and environment mapping techniques to render mirrors
- Discover shadow mapping techniques, including variance shadow mapping
- Implement a particle system using shaders
- Learn about GPU-based methods for global illumination using spherical harmonics and SSAO
- Understand translucent geometry and order independent transparency using dual depth peeling
- Explore GPU-based volumetric lighting using half angle slicing and physically based simulation on the GPU using transform feedback
OpenGL is the leading cross-language, multi-platform API used by masses of modern games and applications in a vast array of different sectors. Developing graphics with OpenGL lets you harness the increasing power of GPUs and really take your visuals to the next level.
OpenGL Development Cookbook is your guide to graphical programming techniques to implement 3D mesh formats and skeletal animation to learn and understand OpenGL.
OpenGL Development Cookbook introduces you to the modern OpenGL. Beginning with vertex-based deformations, common mesh formats, and skeletal animation with GPU skinning, and going on to demonstrate different shader stages in the graphics pipeline. OpenGL Development Cookbook focuses on providing you with practical examples on complex topics, such as variance shadow mapping, GPU-based paths, and ray tracing. By the end you will be familiar with the latest advanced GPU-based volume rendering techniques.
This book is currently available as a RAW (Read As we Write) book. A RAW book is an ebook, and this one is priced at 20% off the usual eBook price. Once you purchase the RAW book, you can immediately download the content of the book so far, and when new chapters become available, you will be notified, and can download the new version of the book. When the book is published, you will receive the full, finished eBook.
If you like, you can preorder the print book at the same time as you purchase the RAW book at a significant discount.
Since a RAW book is an eBook, a RAW book is non returnable and non refundable.
Local taxes may apply to your eBook purchase.
This hands-on Cookbook cuts through the preamble and gets straight to the point. OpenGL Development Cookbook is perfect for intermediate C++ programmers. Full of practical techniques for implementing amazing computer graphics and visualizations, using OpenGL. Crammed full of useful recipes, OpenGL Development Cookbook will help you exploit OpenGL to its full potential.
Who this book is for
OpenGL Development Cookbook is geared toward intermediate OpenGL programmers to take you to the next level and create amazing OpenGL graphics in your applications.