Object-Oriented Programming in ColdFusion
|Also available on:|
- Fast-paced easy-to-follow guide introducing object-oriented programming for ColdFusion developers
- Enhance your applications by building structured applications utilizing basic design patterns and object-oriented principles
- Streamline your code base with reusable, modular objects
- Packed with example code and useful snippets
Book DetailsLanguage : English
Paperback : 192 pages [ 235mm x 191mm ]
Release Date : October 2010
ISBN : 1847196322
ISBN 13 : 9781847196323
Author(s) : Matt Gifford
Topics and Technologies : All Books, Web Development, AJAX
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: Introducing ColdFusion Components
Chapter 2: Effective Component Development
Chapter 3: Building Your First Bean
Chapter 4: Inheritance and Object-Oriented Concepts
Chapter 5: Data Access Objects
Chapter 6: Gateways
Chapter 7: Creating a Service Layer
Download the code and support files for this book.
Please let us know if you have found any errors not listed on this list by completing our errata submission form. Our editors will check them and add them to this list. Thank you.
Errata- 2 submitted: last submission 12 Jun 2013
Errata type: Typo | Page number: 136
The following line is incomplete: "This description states that a Gateway object manages and handles access to"
This line can be ignored as the following paragraph explains what the line was trying to explain.
Errata type: Typo | Page number: 66
In the second paragraph under the subheading "A default/no-argument constructor," the first sentence reads "As such, we have set the required attribute for each argument to required="false",..."
required="false" should actually be "required="true"."
What you will learn from this book
- Make your ColdFusion Components (CFCs) come alive with methods, using object inheritance, connecting to a database through the internal methods of our object/CFCs
- Create a Bean object, complete with accessors and mutators to set and retrieve properties in the object, including sample code for ColdFusion 9 script components
- Optimize and encapsulate your functions to improve code portability
- Introduce the Bean into ColdFusion object-oriented programming design patterns, discover the benefits of code inheritance and understand polymorphism
- Persist objects in memory throughout your applications
- Examples of OOP concepts and basic design patterns
- Create a service layer or façade to interact with your objects
Are you tired of procedural programming or is your extensive code base starting to become un-manageable? Breathe some new life into your code and improve your development skills with the basic concepts of object-oriented programming. Utilize objects, modular components, and design patterns to expand your skills and improve your ColdFusion applications. Packed with example code, and written in a friendly, easy-to-read style, this book is just what you need if you are serious about ColdFusion.
This book is a fast-paced tutorial to important ColdFusion object-oriented programming topics. It will give you clear, concise, and practical guidance to take you from the basics of ColdFusion to the skills that will make you a ColdFusion developer to be reckoned with. Don't be put off by jargon or complex diagrams; read and see how you can benefit from this book and extend your development skills in the process.
Using the practical examples within this guide, you will learn how to structure your applications and code, applying the fundamental basics of object-oriented programming to develop modular, reusable components that will scale easily with your application. You will learn the basic fundamental practices of object-oriented programming, from object creation and re-use, to Bean objects, service layers, Data Access objects, and sample design patterns to gain a better understanding of OOP using examples that can be altered and applied in your application. Complete with detailed code samples and snippets, and written in a friendly easy-to-follow style, you will be able to break free from writing purely procedural code and enhance your applications by building structured applications utilizing basic design patterns and object-oriented principles.
An introduction to object-oriented programming in ColdFusion
This book is a fast-paced tutorial to developing ColdFusion applications using an object-oriented programming approach. Complete with code examples that can be altered and applied to your application and careful explanations, this book will guide you through your first interaction with object-oriented programming within your ColdFusion applications.
Who this book is for
If you are a web developer wanting to implement object-oriented programming with ColdFusion, then this book is for you. If your goal is to get a good grounding in the basics of object-oriented programming concepts, this book is perfect for you. No prior knowledge of object-oriented programming is expected, but basic knowledge of ColdFusion development skills is assumed.