Network Backup with Bacula How-To [Instant]
|Print & eBook also available on:|
- Learn something new in an Instant! A short, fast, focused guide delivering immediate results.
- Set up Bacula infrastructure.
- Back up data and directories
- Work with multiple-storage systems
Book DetailsLanguage : English
eBook : 56 pages
Release Date : November 2012
ISBN : 1849519846
ISBN 13 : 9781849519847
Author(s) : Eugene Pankov
Topics and Technologies : All Books, Open Source
Table of ContentsPreface
Network Backup with Bacula How-To
- Network Backup with Bacula How-To
- Getting started with Bacula (Must know)
- Simple directory backup (Must know)
- Scheduling backups (Must know)
- Backing up MySQL server (Should know)
- Backing up PostgreSQL server (Become an expert)
- Backing up OpenLDAP server (Become an expert)
- Backing up mailboxes (Should know)
- Backing up Zarafa (Become an expert)
- Backups behind a firewall (Become an expert)
- Backing up a Windows client (Should know)
- Multiple storage servers (Should know)
- Setting up from scratch
- Appendix: Mini tips
Please let us know if you have found any errors not listed on this list by completing our errata submission form. Our editors will check them and add them to this list. Thank you.
Sorry, there are currently no downloads available for this title.
What you will learn from this book
- How to set up Bacula Director and Storage components
- Backing up directories from Linux and BSD workstations
- Scheduling your backups
- Backing up data from MySQL and PostgreSQL
- Backing up mailboxes from Postfix and Zarafa
- Overcoming firewall to back up the machine from the different network
- Using multiple backup storage servers
- Quirks of backing up Windows workstations
In the data-centered world, backup and duplication is an important factor that keeps your computer network fail-safe and healthy. Backup solutions allow you to quickly recover from power failures, damaged hardware and hacker attacks.
"Network Backup with Bacula" is a practical guide to setting up the Bacula backup system using a number of sequential recipes, ranging from the simplest to intricate ones, which will give you knowledge needed to build a self-contained backup infrastructure.
"Network Backup with Bacula" contains the instructions on setup and configuration of various Bacula components as well as information to help you painlessly integrate your Windows and Linux workstations into the backup system.
You will learn how to setup Bacula Director and Storage, how to backup Linux and Windows clients, ways to overcome limitations implied by firewall protection, and specific cases of backup for MySQL, OpenLDAP, Postfix. You will also learn different scheduling strategies and various other tips.
With Network Backup with Bacula, you will learn everything you need to know to create an autonomous backup solution for your computer network.
Filled with practical, step-by-step instructions and clear explanations for the most important and useful tasks. Get the job done and learn as you go. This book is a practical, task-based, how-to guide that starts with setup and configuration of various Bacula components and then takes the reader through different scheduling strategies and various other tips.
Who this book is for
This book is for junior network administrators familiar with Linux or BSD who are looking for a simple and consistent network backup solution. It's assumed that you are able to set up and configure a Linux or BSD server and are familiar with local network layouts and routing.