NetBeans IDE 8 Cookbook
|Also available on:|
- Increase developer productivity using features like refactoring and code creation
- Test applications effectively using JUnit, TestNG and Arquilian
- A recipe based guide filled with practical examples to help you create robust applications using NetBeans
Book DetailsLanguage : English
Paperback : 350 pages [ 235mm x 191mm ]
Release Date : November 2014
ISBN : 1782167765
ISBN 13 : 9781782167761
Author(s) : David Salter
Topics and Technologies : All Books, Application Development, Open Source
Please let us know if you have found any errors not listed on this list by completing our errata submission form. Our editors will check them and add them to this list. Thank you.
Sorry, there are currently no downloads available for this title.
What you will learn from this book
- Develop a variety of application types using different libraries with Ant, Maven, and NetBeans
- Refactor code efficiently and quickly
- Manage databases with ease from within your IDE
- Configure your mobile development environment
- Develop Enterprise applications using the latest Java EE 7 technologies
- Version-control your applications with a variety of different providers
- Use the latest testing and profiling tools
- Extend NetBeans with an array of new features
NetBeans IDE 8 is the only IDE that can be downloaded with Java itself. NetBeans supports all of the latest Java standards, providing support for Java EE 7 and Java SE 8. However, when developing applications, it’s all too easy to make early mistakes. Learning how to use the toolset helps you develop better applications and become more productive in your work.
Integrating with external products and services such as application servers and source code repositories can require a lot of learning and practice. Learning some very effective practices will help you avoid problems and safeguard against them in the future.
From the start to the end of a Java project’s lifecycle, this book will show you how to perform many key tasks with the NetBeans IDE, uncovering more about mobile, desktop, and enterprise Java along the way.
You will start by creating Java projects and learning how to refactor and use NetBeans tools to increase developer efficiency. You will then get a walkthrough of how to create a desktop before covering Java FX and mobile applications and how to use external services within them. Having seen how to create many different types of applications, you will then be shown how to test and profile them before storing them in revision control systems such as Git or Subversion. Finally, you will learn how to extend NetBeans itself by adding new features to the IDE.
Packed with a number of techniques and tips, this book will enable you to become an effective NetBeans IDE user. With Java development consistently being one of the most popular programming languages worldwide, developing with NetBeans is an effective skill to acquire.
This book is an easy-to-follow, recipe-based guide to using NetBeans for Java development. Each recipe is designed to help you maximize your producitvity while using NetBeans. Tips provide real-world advice in conjunction with the recipes’ explanations.
Who this book is for
If you’re a Java developer of any level using NetBeans and want to learn how to get the most out of NetBeans, then this book is for you. Learning how to utilize NetBeans will provide a firm foundation for your Java application development.