Instant Nancy Web Development [Instant]
|Print & eBook also available on:|
- Learn something new in an Instant! A short, fast, focused guide delivering immediate results
- Build web applications and APIs using the Nancy Web Framework
- Define routes and handle requests in clean and easy-to-follow code
- Use flexible data binding and content negotiation in your Nancy Web APIs to easily support a multitude of client applications
Book DetailsLanguage : English
eBook : 74 pages
Release Date : September 2013
ISBN : 1783283912
ISBN 13 : 9781783283910
Author(s) : Christian Horsdal
Topics and Technologies : All Books, Instant, Web Development, Open Source
Table of ContentsPreface
Instant Nancy Web Development
- Instant Nancy Web Development
- Building and running your first Nancy application (Simple)
- Nancy testing – your first Nancy tests (Intermediate)
- Routes and model binding (Intermediate)
- Taking a dependency – introducing the bootstrapper (Intermediate)
- Content negotiation and more model binding (Advanced)
- Adding views (Intermediate)
- Adding static content (Intermediate)
- Hosting Nancy on the Cloud (Intermediate)
- Handling cross-cutting concerns – Before, After, and Error hooks (Intermediate)
- Authenticating users (Intermediate)
- Separating applications and hosting (Advanced)
- Using async handlers (Advanced)
Instant Nancy Web Development is refreshing in its no-nonsense, get it done approach. In exchange for about an hour of your time, it does an excellent job of showcasing the NancyFx framework. By Mike Ward
Download the code and support files for this book.
Please let us know if you have found any errors not listed on this list by completing our errata submission form. Our editors will check them and add them to this list. Thank you.
Sorry, there are currently no downloads available for this title.
What you will learn from this book
- Set up and handle routes in your Nancy based web applications
- Bind request data to your custom model
- Send data back to clients marshalled in the format that they prefer
- Extend Nancy to handle specialized data formats
- Control authentication and authorization in your web applications
- Run your web applications in the Cloud
- Manage cross- cutting concerns across parts, or the whole of your application
- Deal with requests asynchronously
Nancy is a C# web framework which aims to provide you ,the application developer, with an easy path to follow, where things will naturally fall into place and work. Nancy is a powerful, flexible, and lightweight web framework that allows you to get on with your job.
Instant Nancy Web Development will give Readers practical introduction to building, testing, and deploying web applications with Nancy. You will learn how to take full advantage of Nancy to build clean application code, and will see how this code lends itself nicely to test driven development. You will also learn how to hook into Nancy to easily extend the framework.
Instant Nancy Web Development offers you an in-depth exploration of all the major features of the Nancy web framework, from basic routing to deployment in the Cloud, and from model binding to automated tests.
Finally, you will learn how to leverage Nancy to write clean and maintainable web applications quickly.
Filled with practical, step-by-step instructions and clear explanations for the most important and useful tasks. A practical, step-by-step guide featuring recipes that will get you up and running quickly with Nancy.
Who this book is for
If you are a .NET oriented web developer who is curious to find out what lies beyond the Microsoft provided frameworks, then this book is for you! It’s beneficial to have a good knowledge of C# and .NET, as well as a basic working knowledge of HTTP. If testability is important to you, and you’re looking for a lightweight, code focused approach to building web applications, this book offers you all the guidance that you will need.