MooTools 1.2 Beginner's Guide
|Also available on:|
- Learn how to build super-charged web forms
- Learn how to write powerful and flexible cross-browser code
- Make your web applications more dynamic and user-interactive with AJAX
- Packed with examples that will show you step by step the most important aspects of getting started with MooTools
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: MooTools and Me
Chapter 3: Selecting DOM Elements
Chapter 4: The Core's Useful Utility Functions
Chapter 5: Working with Events
Chapter 6: Bringing Web Pages to Life with Animation
Chapter 7: Going 2.0 with Ajax
Chapter 8: Beefing Up MooTools: Using the MooTools More Plugins
Chapter 9: Creating Your Own Plugin
Download the code and support files for this book.
Please let us know if you have found any errors not listed on this list by completing our errata submission form. Our editors will check them and add them to this list. Thank you.
Errata- 1 submitted: last submission 14 Jun 2012
Errata type: Others | Page number: 89 | Errata date: 04 Sep 08
Please describe the errata.: userPlatform!='other' || userPlatform!='ipod' should be userPlatform!='other' && userPlatform!='ipod' Later in the chapter, where the whole script is shown in one piece, this has been in fact corrected.
What you will learn from this book
- Bringing web pages to life using animation
- Boosting the responsiveness of your web applications using AJAX with MooTools
- Building a web form dynamically responsive to a multitude of browser events
- The basics core functions of MooTools and how they work
- Creating your own versatile plug-ins that can be customized to fit your own personal requirements
- How to rapidly build a quick and easy web application using the power of MooTools
Get to grips with MooTools so that you can start to create web pages and web applications worthy of the Web 2.0 world
This is a Packt Beginner's Guide, which means it is packed with clear step-by-step instructions for performing the most useful tasks in MooTools. You will learn by doing and you will start learning immediately. As each chapter in the book progresses, the topics will get increasingly more complex. It starts by explaining the fundamentals of MooTools before undertaking tasks and challenges that encourage experimentation.
Who this book is for